Thread: range finding binos ? swaroski or Leica

Default range finding binos ? swaroski or Leica

looking to hear from people that have used some of the newer range finding binos. ether the swarovski or the new leica Geovid HD. I was looking at upgrading my binos and range finder and it would be nice to have one less peice of gear to carey in the field.
    yes I know I can buy new binos and range finder for less than the price of the leica or swarovski range finding binos.

I have been using Swaro EL range 10x42s and I only wish I had got them sooner. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Someone wise once said don't combine optics with electronics. Electronics always turn obsolete and eventually quit, but good optics are good forever.

Both seem to be top quality. My understanding is that the Swaros are not of their top tier swarovission coating because they had problems with reflection and the laser of the range finder. Perhaps that crap....... The Leicas are very nice.....of course so are the Swaros.

Brett

I have them both.Swaros rangefider very finicky in bright sunlight " sent them back to swaro, returned but not much better, Leica ranges intantly in all lights. leicas are 15X , tough to hand hold. Leica focus is easier to turn. Optically both are excellant.Was told by salesman at large optics sellar that they had lots of complaints on swaros. swaros have angle compesation , up hill or dowd hill which is nice in steep terrain. would not buy swaros if had to do it again. Steve

I've had all of the big three--the swarovski, the older Leica 10X42 geovid and the Zeiss 10X45 rf's. I can't speak for the new Leica HD-B's, I've heard they won't angle-read for the bowhunter less than 100 yards, pretty sad at $3K.
    The Swaro's have steller glass, but can read poorly--they did for me. The older Leica are great bang for the buck if you look around.
    I like the Zeiss the best, the quickest to read and best ergos for me. A bit heavier, but they are my faves.
    Zeiss...

Swaro...

Leica...
    Proud to be an American!