Thread: Tackle shop in Anchorage?

Default Tackle shop in Anchorage?

I will be visiting next week and will be short of time. Can someone point me toward a tackle shop where I can rent gear to fish for kings over the weekend? Thanks.
    Mike

Boy, I really don't know if anyone rents gear here in Anchorage. Check with B&J Commercial...they would if anyone does. Are you planning on fishing Ship Creek? If so, the little bait shack down there might have rental gear.

There's a sporting goods shop next to "Humpeys" on 6th Ave that rents rods and reels. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the business but 6th Ave Outfitters maybe the name.

Ask most adults in Anchorage and they can tell you directions of Humpeys.

Dobber

If by chance you are either active duty or retired military, go to the Outdoor Recreation section on Elmendorf AFB. They rent gear and it is not expensive.

You could even go to Sportsman's Warehouse and buy a pole and gear for under $50.

+1 for Sportsmans Warehouse for the selection and price. For high end equipment Mt. View Sports comes to mind. If you need help with your selection the guys at Mt. View Sports are very knowledgable. If you are looking for fly fishing gear I would go to World Wide Anglers. Keith and Mike really know their gear and fishing in South Central Alaska.

Isn't World Wide Anglers gone?

World Wide only moved. They are now down off Lake Otis near Dowling. That is unless something has happened in the past few weeks that I don't know about.

That's good news. Thanks.

Default world wide anglers

It is still there. I stopped there this weekend. On the right just past dowling road when your headed south on lake Otis.