Thread: Bob Penney's Radio Blurb - This Isn't Over...

Default Bob Penney's Radio Blurb - This Isn't Over...

I heard Bob Penney on KRSM radio this morning representing his Kenai King Alliance over the commercial fishing/ADFG case (which I believe a judge just denied). Penney was very upset that ADFG allowed additional fishing for the ESSN's but had bait restrictions on the King fishery. He angrily vowed, "This isn't over yet!"

Excuse me Mr. Penney, but I don't believe fishing with bait is a right, or a requirement in the sport fishery. Perhaps the ESSN's should complain about their gear restrictions too. And didn't the ESSN's sit out the sockeye season last year on behalf of your in-river King fishery - a fishery you helped destroy with your political-economic agenda?

I hope the public, and especially we sportfishermen, can see through Penney. He is hurting our sportfishery, our sport fishing image, our ability to work with management and other users, and ultimately our resource.

Penney is building steam, once again using his arrogant, bullying, political and financial prowess to squash a user group (ESSN) and exploit the in-river sportfishery more than ever. I find no good in that. It is imperative that the public speak out to reject him, his new Alliance, and expose his tactics. We are just beginning to deal with the mess, he in large part, created.

Wink Like a bad penny . .

Here's the link to Penny's letter-to-the-editor in yesterday's Clarion . . make sure to scroll down and read the comments . . 13 of 'em so far:
    http://peninsulaclarion.com/opinion/...gement-changes

Poor Penny's pompous pontification ain't getting any traction down here.

Same ol', same ol' . . like a bad penny . . keeps showing up . .

Quote Originally Posted by Funstastic View Post
    I heard Bob Penney on KRSM radio this morning representing his Kenai King Alliance over the commercial fishing/ADFG case (which I believe a judge just denied). Penney was very upset that ADFG allowed additional fishing for the ESSN's but had bait restrictions on the King fishery. He angrily vowed, "This isn't over yet!"

Excuse me Mr. Penney, but I don't believe fishing with bait is a right, or a requirement in the sport fishery. Perhaps the ESSN's should complain about their gear restrictions too. And didn't the ESSN's sit out the sockeye season last year on behalf of your in-river King fishery - a fishery you helped destroy with your political-economic agenda?

I hope the public, and especially we sportfishermen, can see through Penney. He is hurting our sportfishery, our sport fishing image, our ability to work with management and other users, and ultimately our resource.

Penney is building steam, once again using his arrogant, bullying, political and financial prowess to squash a user group (ESSN) and exploit the in-river sportfishery more than ever. I find no good in that. It is imperative that the public speak out to reject him, his new Alliance, and expose his tactics. We are just beginning to deal with the mess, he in large part, created.
    Funstastic, this has to stop. I am agreeing with you too much.