Thread: Dog Boat Ladder

Default Dog Boat Ladder

Any one built a boat ladder for there dog? Looking for some ideas and specs....
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Not yet, but I've got a few ideas that might try early next week. I'm taking the dog and boat out next weekend-might try to build something before thursday. Any ideas? You're welcome to come out and take part or just check it out.

Send me a pm, found online plans to building a ladder for the boat.
    Simple instruction.
    Ill be back in town 17 aug.

I was looking at some commercially made products online... they all look okay but were big and expensive. My solution was to buy my dog a life vest with a handle on the back. On the rare occasion she decides to swim back to the boat I can just grap the handle and drag her in..
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    I was looking at some commercially made products online... they all look okay but were big and expensive. My solution was to buy my dog a life vest with a handle on the back. On the rare occasion she decides to swim back to the boat I can just grap the handle and drag her in..
    I bought one today at SW, but it's red, so it's for general boating, not hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    I like the one on the left, with the additional brace support. I think that's better for these labs. (Mine is 80 lbs). Also, that calls for schedule 40 PVC, but I think heavier, grey pvc (high pressure water pipe) is a better choice, especially up here. I've substituted the grey in antenna projects I've built. It's heavier to carry, but a lot more durable. Wind takes the antennas down regularly, but the pvc is always reuseable.

Quote Originally Posted by DownEastah View Post
    Nice, and I like that it's foldable, whereas the PVC home built design that Gray posted is solid 1 piece. I've seen the one you posted on Cabela's at $149.99 ($30 more than Macks PW). Both Cabela's and Mack's PW website shows a $14.95 ship rate to Anchorage. Somehow I'm sure that's a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    Nice, and I like that it's foldable, whereas the PVC home built design that Gray posted is solid 1 piece. I've seen the one you posted on Cabela's at $149.99 ($30 more than Macks PW). Both Cabela's and Mack's PW website shows a $14.95 ship rate to Anchorage. Somehow I'm sure that's a mistake.
    If someone buys one I'd like to test it on my nucanoe

I was thinking about building one this year too... I'm tired of using the dogs vest handle to pull her in the boat. But I was thinking chicken coop ramp made with plywood.

I'm just about done with mine. I used Scheduled 40 pvc. Just had to put carpet on steps and secure them to the ladder
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Ive got a brand new cabelas model from several years ago. Brown powder coated.....2 steps to a carpeted platform. Hitch is im down on the kenai but I should get to ANC labor day weekend. PM me for pics.