Thread: Elk hunting afognak

Default Elk hunting afognak

I was awarded a drawing permit for GMU 8 East Afognak Island and was hoping for some information regarding the hunt. What is the best lodge to stay at should I choose to go that route and does anyone know what the odds of actually getting an elk might be. Any information regarding this hunt is appreciated. Thanks.

I also drew this hunt and am looking for any information on getting it set up.

My suggestion is to call up the Fish & Game office that is in charge of that area, find a biologist and talk to them. I've contacted the same biologist multiple times for my moose hunt this year. He's very helpful and actually seems interested in the conversations.

You could also try searching the forum for your permit number and see what or if people have posted anything on your hunt in the past.

Not trying to sway you from posting questions like this but if you read through some previous threads, you'll get some real smart asses and frankly a_ _ holes saying how lazy you are for not find this out for yourself and crap like that. Not my take on it but just be leery...

try and check out afognak wilderness lodge, run by some folks that really know they're way around the island. they have an excellent place and a great reputation for game on the island

May want to post on here for others that have the tag and rent a boat. Splitting the costs and being mobile.

John Crye is the biologist here in Kodiak.