Thread: Willow Creek updates, any silvers running

Smile Willow Creek updates, any silvers running

Wondering how it looks up that way now that we are hitting the start of August. I didn't even get out there last year, hoping to if there's action this year.

Quote Originally Posted by faemystique View Post
    Wondering how it looks up that way now that we are hitting the start of August. I didn't even get out there last year, hoping to if there's action this year.
    I was there on Monday. There were fish in the water.
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Hit the stream above the Parks Highway (trying to avoid the crowd) and didn't see any silvers. Saw LOADS of pinks and chum and a few blushed out kings in the water though.

Took the kids down to the campground, there were pinks and chums being caught with the rare silver. We didn't bag anything, snagged a long nose sucker, that was a first for us... so we headed north to Montana Creek, lots of pinks, a few chums, didn't eye any silvers. Lost a couple of pinks, nothing was biting much, a guy up the stream was cleaning one or two and the guys down from us were snagging and releasing but not much luck to be seen. Didn't see anyone with silvers there though the signs say they are in. Thinking of heading out to Valdez this weekend, word is pinks are thick and silvers are in and expecting to be even more by next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by faemystique View Post
    Water is low.

I have had great luck there this year. I caught 3 silvers over a few days just a couple hours a day about 2 weeks ago so im sure you can find a few and the pinks are thick! that was at the combat zone fishing about 5 feet from the bank if you wait for the bite and not every bump im sure it will produce some silvers with a little time. I have not walked up the creek yet. have the holes changed any??

I don't know about the river from the HWY, down but the hole upper river has changed a lot.