Thread: Please help!!!

Exclamation Please help!!!

Had my worst nightmare come to light! My long awaited black bear hunt but a week away got canceled!!! I had everything ready to go. I am hoping someone knows of a guide or outfitter with a spot open for a hunt in PWS anytime between May 26th to June 3rd. Am willing to pay as this I was really looking forward to. Thanks in advance.

AZinAK

So.... you didn't cancel? It's not your flight or your cabin... your outfitter or guide cancelled on you?

KRS

Thumbs down Worse...

Someone I had been planning since last fall to share this hunt with, went this last week without me, tagged out...and I find out from the successful pictures of the hunt here on this forum. Almost feel like I got cheated on. Anyway, I have everything, in fact I recently purchased a new Browning A-Bolt with a Ziess scope for use on this hunt. Not to mention the Swarovski SLC 7x42 binos I bought just last week for this hunt. Anyways, just looking for someone that knows of a way for me to still do this hunt. Any help is much appreciated.

Someone will pop up...

Thumbs up Hopefully...

Things may be panning out...we will see...

AZinAK

Default Up your odds....

Get rid of that silly desert state flag picture by your name and replace it with an Alaska flag or a critter pic and your odds will increase exponentionally!!

Default AK....love it, or leave it

My thoughts for some time...just kept my mouth shut.

Smile Hmmm...

So me being from another state and having pride in where I'm from excludes me from being able to love Alaska too? Wow, what a horrible life I would lead if I had only one place I enjoyed being...let alone I am not in a position to be able to just leave considering I am in the military...I'd give a thumbs up to someone from up here wearing a "Grown in Alaska" shirt in AZ...not a big deal though...opinions are that and they should be respected...as your's is...

Happy hunting...

AZinAK

Default Atitude....

"So me being from another state and having pride in where I'm from excludes me from being able to love Alaska too"

That is not what was said, intended, or implied...but perhaps you might pick another less "in your face" and more diplomatic manner in which to display your state pride. Just a well intended suggestion...your choice.

Guess we're just jealous that one of the biggest skulls in the book came from Arizona.

Not as bad as Arkansas, because folks always screw up the two letter designation for the two states.

Good luck.

Default Easy, killer

First, I was giving you a hard time..you know a joke. Second, that attitude isn't getting you anywhere. I am in the military too, so story of woe doesn't work. Fact still stands, you would get better results with an Alaska flag. Good luck

Talking All smiles...

No worries...I was never heated...just responding with what I thought were originally unfriendly comments...now that I know that they were completely innocent ...I appologize ...and AK-HUNT, if you know something I don't know about doing whatever I want while in the military...let me know...I'm sure we could market the secret and sell it to probably most of our brothers and sisters in arms...especially those of which are in the sand box right now...oh, and BrianW...about black bears in Arizona, my dad shot a Boone and Crocket last year, a bull elk that scored 383 5/8 Pope and Yound, and a 170 class Pope and Young muley...kind of hard not having great pride coming from a state with such a diverse hunting world...much like this beautiful state...Dall sheep have me transfixed...

Happy Hunting...

AZinAK

Shot my first Mulely up on the rim by Payson!

Winters in the desert are great!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Default Did you get any help?

So... now that we've established where you're from, did you ever get any help on your black bear hunt?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Hunting...

Quote Originally Posted by AZinAK View Post
    Had my worst nightmare come to light! My long awaited black bear hunt but a week away got canceled!!! I had everything ready to go. I am hoping someone knows of a guide or outfitter with a spot open for a hunt in PWS anytime between May 26th to June 3rd. Am willing to pay as this I was really looking forward to. Thanks in advance.

AZinAK
    PM me if you still need a possible outfitter.
    Honestly, I don't know a great deal about hunting, but one thing that I have learned from living here in Alaska is that if you know someone that knows someone, you'll cozy into the right spot.
    Last edited by COtoAK; 05-23-2007 at 10:51.

Talking Thanks...

It seems things have panned out...I will be going down Thursday and coming back on Sunday...weather permitting, it should give me two and a half days of solid hunting...thanks for the encouragement and advice...oh, and reminding me how easily nothing can become something even though it really isn't anything in the first place...I'm confused too...

Happy Hunting...

AZinAK