Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 32' North River Sea Trail

Default 32' North River Sea Trail

Here's the latest addition to Alaska's fleet of North River boats. Will eventually be home ported in Valdez. With twin 300hp FNM diesel and a load of 1500lbs she is under propped. WOT spec is 4000rpm.

Man that is a beautiful boat. When will it arrive in Valdez? I will be there for silvers in the 3rd week of August and would love to check it out. Maybe even take a short ride on it. Also, because it is under propped you could not get a good gph??? Or did I just not see it on the graph...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Bob, the customer is going to use the boat in the NW region over the winter and then drive her up the inside passage next spring. With the current load she is under propped topping out at 4200 using 17.25x25 pitch SS props. Once the customer fills the boat with gear and equipment the rpms may or may not come down to manufactures recommend WOT of 4000. If not we'll have to go to bigger props. 30mph at 3000rpms will be a slow cruise in this boat and can easily cruse at 35mph if a guy wanted. Can't wait to take a spin in her myself. I can see another trip up the inside passage in my future.... We don't have a flowscan on these engine so didn't have a gph to measure. At 3000rpms they be burn 6.5-7gph each. WOT on the 300 they will burn 17gph.

Kool, Well then I will patiently wait till next year to see it... thanx man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Bob, the customer is going to use the boat in the NW region over the winter and then drive her up the inside passage next spring. With the current load she is under propped topping out at 4200 using 17.25x25 pitch SS props. Once the customer fills the boat with gear and equipment the rpms may or may not come down to manufactures recommend WOT of 4000. If not we'll have to go to bigger props. 30mph at 3000rpms will be a slow cruise in this boat and can easily cruse at 35mph if a guy wanted. Can't wait to take a spin in her myself. I can see another trip up the inside passage in my future.... We don't have a flowscan on these engine so didn't have a gph to measure. At 3000rpms they be burn 6.5-7gph each. WOT on the 300 they will burn 17gph.

I like the looks of that anchor line winch. Will give you a call to talk about that.

Nice. I like it.

Inconsequential to anything else, but I'm curious why they went with such high rails in the stern?

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Nice. I like it.

Inconsequential to anything else, but I'm curious why they went with such high rails in the stern?
    Coho, The rails around the rear are there because you are standing up on the engine deck. The floor out of the cabin is the same height and you then step up onto then engine deck. The engine deck starts about half way between the first and second vertical rail post. I'll get some pics and post them. It makes for a great fishing platform with no obstructions hanging off the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Coho, The rails around the rear are there because you are standing up on the engine deck. The floor out of the cabin is the same height and you then step up onto then engine deck. The engine deck starts about half way between the first and second vertical rail post. I'll get some pics and post them. It makes for a great fishing platform with no obstructions hanging off the back.
    Here's a pic angle that shows the deck.

That Davit looks familiar?
    Mike

Here's a pic of the deck and some interior shots

What price range?
    Boatless

Look like the new owner didn't want us looking at his boat? Maybe it was the Davit that did it.
    Mike

Sorry, appears when I moved the files to a folder they no longer showed up. Trying this again.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    What price range?
    This boat outfitted as it is with a trailer will set you back $275K without shipping. The boat without power and bow thruster system on a trailer would run approximately $200K shipped to AK at the moment. Just pic your power options.

Wow $275k, I would have never guessed with the finish
    Boatless

Yea me either! If your going to that price level look into an Ocean Sport which is a much nicer boat. (Islands Marine) Lopez island Washington.
    Mike

I don't think you will get a new Ocean Sport with twin motors new for that. More like $350K-$450K I think.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Maybe no Ocean Sport, but that does seem a bit on the high side IMHO, no offense.

Why would you HAVE to get a new one? There's plenty of used ones in the range which is why I made the comparrison. I'd much rather have something of quality, with good lines than a boxey welded boat. Just saying
    Mike

Ya but it woulnd'nt be a bad ass North River with twin FNM diesels now would it... I'm just sayin...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast