Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: 32' North River Sea Trail

  1. #1

    Default 32' North River Sea Trail

    Here's the latest addition to Alaska's fleet of North River boats. Will eventually be home ported in Valdez. With twin 300hp FNM diesel and a load of 1500lbs she is under propped. WOT spec is 4000rpm.







  2. #2
    Member Bob the fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Man that is a beautiful boat. When will it arrive in Valdez? I will be there for silvers in the 3rd week of August and would love to check it out. Maybe even take a short ride on it. Also, because it is under propped you could not get a good gph??? Or did I just not see it on the graph...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

  3. #3

    Default

    Bob, the customer is going to use the boat in the NW region over the winter and then drive her up the inside passage next spring. With the current load she is under propped topping out at 4200 using 17.25x25 pitch SS props. Once the customer fills the boat with gear and equipment the rpms may or may not come down to manufactures recommend WOT of 4000. If not we'll have to go to bigger props. 30mph at 3000rpms will be a slow cruise in this boat and can easily cruse at 35mph if a guy wanted. Can't wait to take a spin in her myself. I can see another trip up the inside passage in my future.... We don't have a flowscan on these engine so didn't have a gph to measure. At 3000rpms they be burn 6.5-7gph each. WOT on the 300 they will burn 17gph.

  4. #4
    Member Bob the fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Kool, Well then I will patiently wait till next year to see it... thanx man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Bob, the customer is going to use the boat in the NW region over the winter and then drive her up the inside passage next spring. With the current load she is under propped topping out at 4200 using 17.25x25 pitch SS props. Once the customer fills the boat with gear and equipment the rpms may or may not come down to manufactures recommend WOT of 4000. If not we'll have to go to bigger props. 30mph at 3000rpms will be a slow cruise in this boat and can easily cruse at 35mph if a guy wanted. Can't wait to take a spin in her myself. I can see another trip up the inside passage in my future.... We don't have a flowscan on these engine so didn't have a gph to measure. At 3000rpms they be burn 6.5-7gph each. WOT on the 300 they will burn 17gph.
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

  5. #5
    Member jaydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    161

    Default

    I like the looks of that anchor line winch. Will give you a call to talk about that.

  6. #6
    Member coho slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Nice. I like it.

    Inconsequential to anything else, but I'm curious why they went with such high rails in the stern?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Nice. I like it.

    Inconsequential to anything else, but I'm curious why they went with such high rails in the stern?
    Coho, The rails around the rear are there because you are standing up on the engine deck. The floor out of the cabin is the same height and you then step up onto then engine deck. The engine deck starts about half way between the first and second vertical rail post. I'll get some pics and post them. It makes for a great fishing platform with no obstructions hanging off the back.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Coho, The rails around the rear are there because you are standing up on the engine deck. The floor out of the cabin is the same height and you then step up onto then engine deck. The engine deck starts about half way between the first and second vertical rail post. I'll get some pics and post them. It makes for a great fishing platform with no obstructions hanging off the back.
    Here's a pic angle that shows the deck.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wasilla Alaska
    Posts
    456

    Default

    That Davit looks familiar?
    Mike

  10. #10

    Default

    Here's a pic of the deck and some interior shots









  11. #11
    Member FISHFACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    535

    Default

    What price range?
    Boatless

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wasilla Alaska
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Look like the new owner didn't want us looking at his boat? Maybe it was the Davit that did it.
    Mike

  13. #13

    Default

    Sorry, appears when I moved the files to a folder they no longer showed up. Trying this again.







  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    What price range?
    This boat outfitted as it is with a trailer will set you back $275K without shipping. The boat without power and bow thruster system on a trailer would run approximately $200K shipped to AK at the moment. Just pic your power options.

  15. #15
    Member FISHFACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Wow $275k, I would have never guessed with the finish
    Boatless

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wasilla Alaska
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Yea me either! If your going to that price level look into an Ocean Sport which is a much nicer boat. (Islands Marine) Lopez island Washington.
    Mike

  17. #17
    Member jrogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    I don't think you will get a new Ocean Sport with twin motors new for that. More like $350K-$450K I think.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

  18. #18

    Default

    Maybe no Ocean Sport, but that does seem a bit on the high side IMHO, no offense.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wasilla Alaska
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Why would you HAVE to get a new one? There's plenty of used ones in the range which is why I made the comparrison. I'd much rather have something of quality, with good lines than a boxey welded boat. Just saying
    Mike

  20. #20
    Member Bob the fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Ya but it woulnd'nt be a bad ass North River with twin FNM diesels now would it... I'm just sayin...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •