Thread: 10/22 Recievers for sale?

Default 10/22 Recievers for sale?

Anyone know of anywhere to buy just the reciever for a 10/22? I'd like to build a custom but I hate the idea of buying a new one and taking a perfectly fine working gun apart.

Thanks in advance.

never considered building one but Google is your friend in this case... there a lot of companies making billet recievers for the 10/22 and the rest of the parts are probably sold aftermarket also. if not brownells or midway probably have them all

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by BigDale View Post
    never considered building one but Google is your friend in this case... there a lot of companies making billet recievers for the 10/22 and the rest of the parts are probably sold aftermarket also. if not brownells or midway probably have them all

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the reply, I actually found several of those AFTER posting this. I should have clarified that I'd like to try to find one in state, even a used one or an old beat up gun would be great. The local Pawn shop here gets old beat up ones now and then but they charge the same price I can get a new one for.

Thanks again!

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

often times you best bet will be to find a used doaner rifle (like at the pawn shop you mentioned) and you can recoupe some of your expense by parting out and selling off the unused or needed parts like the stock and barrel.. lots of 10/22's out there. might check the gun shows, Alaska List and of course the swap and sell section of this forum.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    often times you best bet will be to find a used doaner rifle (like at the pawn shop you mentioned) and you can recoupe some of your expense by parting out and selling off the unused or needed parts like the stock and barrel.. lots of 10/22's out there. might check the gun shows, Alaska List and of course the swap and sell section of this forum.
    Good point, I hadn't thought about selling the takeoff parts. Heck I guess I could save them for spare parts. Didn't realize how spendy you could make a 10/22 until I started looking at some of these aftermarket parts!

There was one at Ammo Can on spenard that was well used stock beat up , but for 100 bucks it was a good receiver .

valquartsons. all the parts that you need.

Aren't all Ruger 10/22's aluminum receivers ? and Volquartzen, Magnum Research and such steel ?