Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No more importing foreign guns or ammo??

Default No more importing foreign guns or ammo??

Has anyone else read about this??

http://the-american-journal.com/obam...lswitch-order/

Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to iofthetaiga again."

It never ceases to amaze me how little the American people know of how their government works.

By the way, I for one would love LOVE LOVE!!!! to see a complete and total an on firearm and ammo imports into the US. Nature abhors a vacuum, and the resulting vacuum would be filled by American companies producing more using more American labor. Imagine all of the domestic ammo makers contracting to build new facilities, buy new manufacturing equipment, and hiring new workers. Talk about a stimulus package. Buy American you say? Hmmm. Interesting.

Maybe iofthetaiga has trouble reading what the ATF put out?

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013...2013-09392.pdf

Maybe iofthetaiga has trouble reading what the ATF put out?
    No trouble at all.

Anyone who believes that this: http://the-american-journal.com/obam...lswitch-order/

accurately describes the meaning of this: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013...2013-09392.pdf

needs to read this: http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...iracy-theories

and this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gullible
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

well gigideey geeehawwwww......nascar. Ahhh call on all Urban Cowboys and Faux countryman of the knik river valley( adjacent to alaska's most heavily populated region).....to take up arms against the tyrants! mob mentality........engage!

heck...bring the three wheelers, some bud light, and let your dual exuast be heard.

remember......a shotgun rifle and a four wheel drive........(that's supposedly all you need to survive. )

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    well gigideey geeehawwwww......nascar. Ahhh call on all Urban Cowboys and Faux countryman of the knik river valley( adjacent to alaska's most heavily populated region).....to take up arms against the tyrants! mob mentality........engage!

heck...bring the three wheelers, some bud light, and let your dual exuast be heard.

remember......a shotgun rifle and a four wheel drive........(that's supposedly all you need to survive. )
    You really come off as an arrogant jack wad, just so you know.

noted.

thank you kind sir.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    noted.

thank you kind sir.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mainer_in_ak again."
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    By the way, I for one would love LOVE LOVE!!!! to see a complete and total an on firearm and ammo imports into the US. Nature abhors a vacuum, and the resulting vacuum would be filled by American companies producing more using more American labor. Imagine all of the domestic ammo makers contracting to build new facilities, buy new manufacturing equipment, and hiring new workers. Talk about a stimulus package. Buy American you say? Hmmm. Interesting.
    The reduction of imported ammunition and firearms would do nothing but damage the shooting populace. Norma, Lapua,Fiocchi make fine ammo and components for many European rounds which aren't available in the US and NO manufacturer would tool up for such a small market. Tikka, Sako, Bennelli, Lapua, Merkel, H&H, Husky, H & K, Pedersolli, Blaser, Browning, Glock are all fine hunting firearms; but the manufacturers have such a small market in the US they would never retool in the US for our market share. This EO also covers parts for existing firearms as well as parts that can be used to manufacture firearms. Which could include brass guilding materials for American produced projectiles or copper wire for Barnes bullets, the ATF has the overall determination. This EO will do little except to increase the already high prices of firearms and ammo and put shooting out of reach of the average hunter, much like many places in Europe. AND imports are at the discretion of the ATF and we know how honest they are.....!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post

It must be a conspiracy. Just like the IRS scandal is phony and fake, Benghazi never really happened, fast and furious didn't really occur, and this administration didn't supply weapons to terrorists, I mean "rebels", in Syria and Libya.

It must be a conspiracy. Just like the IRS scandal is phony and fake, Benghazi never really happened, fast and furious didn't really occur, and this administration didn't supply weapons to terrorists, I mean "rebels", in Syria and Libya.
    We all know this is the most transparent administration in history.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    We all know this is the most transparent administration in history.
    Well it is transparent. I can see right through it, and I am shocked on an almost daily basis.

I read the article. There is NO substance, proof or references to the executive order. The link in the article relates to is an April press release regarding background checks and has no relevance to the authors arguments. Other references are to prepper blogs. Again, no substance. After some digging, there is an EO 13637 that describes what cabinet gets to control what and who reports to who. Seems to me, the office of the President can effectively ban all sorts of munitions for export or import without this stop the press news. It may lead to some sort of ban in the future, but that is not news. This administration is not hiding that intention at all.

I do hate it when people just up and dismisses a persons opinion. I this case, it appears that it is warranted however. So, nice job Taiga. There is a run on tin foil hats again it seems.

Okay. You got my attention. I shoot strictly Fiocchi ammo in my vintage shotguns, because no one else makes no tox non steel shotshells. And I agree with you, I don't see even Winchester/Olin producing that ammo ever again. (Hmmm. Maaaaaaybeeeee I should spend every dime I can scrape together on buying up Fiocchi shot shells......

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    The reduction of imported ammunition and firearms would do nothing but damage the shooting populace. Norma, Lapua,Fiocchi make fine ammo and components for many European rounds which aren't available in the US and NO manufacturer would tool up for such a small market. Tikka, Sako, Bennelli, Lapua, Merkel, H&H, Husky, H & K, Pedersolli, Blaser, Browning, Glock are all fine hunting firearms; but the manufacturers have such a small market in the US they would never retool in the US for our market share. This EO also covers parts for existing firearms as well as parts that can be used to manufacture firearms. Which could include brass guilding materials for American produced projectiles or copper wire for Barnes bullets, the ATF has the overall determination. This EO will do little except to increase the already high prices of firearms and ammo and put shooting out of reach of the average hunter, much like many places in Europe. AND imports are at the discretion of the ATF and we know how honest they are.....!

Quote Originally Posted by Daved View Post
    I read the article. There is NO substance, proof or references to the executive order. The link in the article relates to is an April press release regarding background checks and has no relevance to the authors arguments. Other references are to prepper blogs. Again, no substance. After some digging, there is an EO 13637 that describes what cabinet gets to control what and who reports to who. Seems to me, the office of the President can effectively ban all sorts of munitions for export or import without this stop the press news. It may lead to some sort of ban in the future, but that is not news. This administration is not hiding that intention at all.

I do hate it when people just up and dismisses a persons opinion. I this case, it appears that it is warranted however. So, nice job Taiga. There is a run on tin foil hats again it seems.
    Daved here's the EO and it does enumerate the President has assigned the AG and the Sec of State as the persons who get to choose what is allowed to be imported; both of these offices are directly controlled by the President.http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013...2013-09392.pdf TIN FOIL HATS OPTIONAL...!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    Daved here's the EO and it does enumerate the President has assigned the AG and the Sec of State as the persons who get to choose what is allowed to be imported; both of these offices are directly controlled by the President.http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013...2013-09392.pdf TIN FOIL HATS OPTIONAL...!
    So, what I inferred reading that is it is just a delegation of authority. El Presidente already had that authority, and now he has just delegated said authority to the Atty Gen and the Sec of State. I think it's just splitting hairs really. A simple matter of semantics. If the fear of an imprt ban were to come true, would it matter to any of you if Hillary or Holder signed the dotted line in lieu of the president?

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    So, what I inferred reading that is it is just a delegation of authority. El Presidente already had that authority, and now he has just delegated said authority to the Atty Gen and the Sec of State. I think it's just splitting hairs really. A simple matter of semantics. If the fear of an imprt ban were to come true, would it matter to any of you if Hillary or Holder signed the dotted line in lieu of the president?
    NO the president doen't have the authorirty to regulate trade with foriegn governments, that power is reserved for the congress of the United States. He also can't enter into treaties without Congressional Consent; that's why he didn't sign the UN treaty giving NATO the right to control firearms in the US in January. This EO allows the Sec of State, The AG, Sec of Commerce (all hand picked by the pres) to regulate both trade and commerce at the Presidents behest. It also allows them to prohibit transportation of arms and ammunition. How much ammo is manufactured commercially in AK ?

Brav01, thanks for some clarification, and nicely put. The point of my original post was to bring to light unsubstantiated claims like in the American Journal article. If the claims are substantiated, then the article does a miserable job of referencing anything useful in making an argument.

De facto gun control equals ammo control. I get it why gun enthusiasts are wary of increased regulation. Shouting unsubstantiated insults at the other side does not help much. The gun nut group is having a difficult time entering the gun control debate without being belligerent in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast