Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everything Koyukuk 13

Default Everything Koyukuk 13

Hey guys we have been talking on another thread. But here is the request lets get a thread going on anyone headed down the Yukon this year, what your plans, early/late hunt ect. ect. I will be going down from Galena hunting the late hunt with Charlie taking me up the river to hunt. I will be hunting the whole 10 days of the season if need be.

We created about the same thread within minutes of each other. Funny that.

LOL That is pretty funny Daved! What is the chances of that one. Well we will go to yours since I already had one goin a week or so.!

Two of us goin up, two boats. Leavin around the 11th. One 830 one 892.

Ill be up there the 14th to the 26th for my DM830 tag, have a pretty good spot north of Huslia to call home for ten days (hopefully wont take that long). Got a couple of friends coming along to help out and enjoy the scenery. Been too busy lately almost forgot to mail some of my supplies up there, so thanks for jogging my memory!

Quote Originally Posted by hunt/trapak88 View Post
    Two of us goin up, two boats. Leavin around the 11th. One 830 one 892.
    One in each boat? Leaving from where?

Quote Originally Posted by Daved View Post
    One in each boat? Leaving from where?
    I leave from the bridge. Well three of us. My buddy in his 18'. And my gf and I in my alweld.

That is a long ways to go all by yourself in a boat. Hope your buddy has a book on tape and is not using a tiller. Then a again, he will have all sorts of room for extra gas.

If I could, I'd go with ya just to help and enjoy alaska! Oh ya, an invite too

Well glad to see others that are heading up I am gonna mail 2-3 totes this week hopefully. I also talked a close uncle into going to give me a hand if I get one down. He is going to buy a blackie tag and wolf would love to get him something while up there if possible. Of coarse he is mainly along for the ride and to enjoy the area since he is getting some age on him he was excited that most of the hunting will be on the boat or close by. Great feeling to have a hand now!

I am heading up on the 15 th.Going through charlie also.Hoping water levels are lower than last year.Should be another great hunt.

We are headed up with 4 guys in 2 boats. leaving bridge around the 9 th.

Just wondering... who takes their jet boats down the river? Kenai and Anchorage have a lot of opportunity for inboard and big outboard jets. It makes a lot of sense to have a prop, but not at the expense of buying another boat.

We should be at the Bridge around the 12th, to the Novi soon after.

We are running props, 250hp and 200hp.

I know this is a long shot but here goes. I have a DM 828 permit. I did not think I was going to be able to get the time off to hunt, therefore I did not plan a trip. However, I did get some time off. I am off the 6th- 15th. I do not however, have anyone to go with or the know how to get there. What I do have is a 22' hewescraft with a 100hp motor. I also have all the gear a person needs to be safe. I have a moderate amount of experience in Alaska hunting, camping, salt water fishing etc...
    Just curious if anyone needs an extra guy to split costs or would be interested in making a trip of it.

Searunner keep in mind that it'll take you 3 days to get there from Anchorage. Add 3 more for the return, I wouldn't spend that much money on gas for a 3-4 day hunt. Now if you could be in the hunt location on the 6-7th that would be better. This is just my 2 cents.

QUOTE=Searunner;1314364]I know this is a long shot but here goes. I have a DM 828 permit. I did not think I was going to be able to get the time off to hunt, therefore I did not plan a trip. However, I did get some time off. I am off the 6th- 15th. I do not however, have anyone to go with or the know how to get there. What I do have is a 22' hewescraft with a 100hp motor. I also have all the gear a person needs to be safe. I have a moderate amount of experience in Alaska hunting, camping, salt water fishing etc...
    Just curious if anyone needs an extra guy to split costs or would be interested in making a trip of it.[/QUOTE]

Searunner with that amount of time I would def check with one of the transport guys in Husila or Galena that is almost zero hunt time after you run down river and back. How many days would that leave you to hunt like 2?

I know it sucks!! Just throwing it out there... Maybe its just not enough time. I hate to eat that tag though.

If you REALLY wanted to do it, you could leave the 15th and drive all night to the bridge. Put in at first light and maybe get to Ruby or Galena by dark on the 16th. The next day you could make it up the Koyokuk so, in effect two days to get there. You would have to do it long haul trucker style and have one sleep and the other drive kind of deal. You could be there by the night of the 7th if all goes perfect, hunt the 8th-11th (4 days) then 3 days back because it takes longer to go up stream. Best case scenario. Plus the getting all your stuff tuned up and ready to go in a month. Another 3 days would fatten your trip a bit and make it more palatable.

In my youth I would have done it. Now, I would need somebody to double dog dare me first. Good luck.

I actually have more time, I have off till the 20th. However the boat has to be back at the bridge by the 16th. Could probably push it to the 17th. So, i was really hoping to join someone else who needs a fuel and supplies contributor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast