Thread: gear rentals?

Default gear rentals?

some one like me from the hotest region is coming for brown bear in sep 2013, is there some outfitter or hunter who lease or rent their best gear if paid good...things like 0 degree sleeping bag,broken best shoes etc.if so kindly let me know .regards

Your guide should have provided you a list of things he will provide you, or that you could rent from him.

In Anchorage you can rent a bag from REI.

You will not be able to rent boots. Boots will depend on the terrain you will be hunting. Your guide should have told you this in detail. If hunting in mountains you can buy good boots from REI or Barney's Sports Chalet in Anchorage. If hunting the coast you will want breathable waders and good wading boots. Buy these from a fishing store like Mountain View Sports.

yes he has supplied a gear list,danner or rocky mountain,shoes..also ankle fit rubber knee boots,la corsse,then ankle fit hipp boots,i wonder how many boots he want me to carry im really confuse at the moment?..

Sounds like its a coastal hunt. Get good fitting waist high breathable fishing waders, and high quality fishing boots for them. Then you will not need knee boots or hip boots. You will need some kind of lite hiking boot for wearing around camp. Too many options to get into. Just make sure they have gore tex.

In anchorage go to mountain view sports and get them to gear you up.

have any idea mr tony lee of westwind guides....has any of u or friend hunted with them?