Thread: Shore fishing for silvers in Juneau

Default Shore fishing for silvers in Juneau

I know it's a still a little early but was wondering if anyone has been out casting for silvers around Juneau? I heard a couple were caught off the beach recently around Amalga harbor. Not sure how true that is. It's my first time fishing for silvers around here so I'm still trying to figure out when and where to go. If anyone has any good info on silvers in the area I'd really appreciate it.

Saw a small silver on the dock at DIPAC this morning. Heard a couple were caught at Pt. Louisa at high tide last weekend. Boats are catching them around Pt. Retreat and up at North Island so they'll be moving in soon. Still early though and the pinks/chums are thick enough to walk on.

End of August you'll be able to catch them anywhere in the channel, high tide at DIPAC, low tide on the flats. Outer Point is a good spot as well. I feel like the fishing is better on the incoming tide. Then there's always the freshwater fishing.

http://www.alaskaflyfishinggoods.com...shing-reports/ Good source, sometimes a little slow to post the info.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to get out there this weekend and try my luck.