Thread: Looking for live pigeons.

Default Looking for live pigeons.

I'd like to buy up to 5 live healthy pigeons to train with. Please email Lindahenning@mtaonline.net or call 841-2453 Pick up in Wasilla, Palmer , Big Lake area only. No I do not want to go trap my own :->. Thanks for any help . If you have some please contact me at those contacts - I don't check this list often.

Linda
    If you don't find any closer I have some adult Homers in Peters Creek. $13 each. Don
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckdon View Post
    Linda
    If you don't find any closer I have some adult Homers in Peters Creek. $13 each. Don
    Peter's Creek Anchorage or Peter's Creek near Talkeetna? I haven't bought a pigeon in a long time but is that the going rate? Seriously? or is that for Homers, not training pigeons that I will end up shooting?

Thanks
    Linda.

Linda
    The cheapest I have bought pigeons in Alaska is $10 each and we bought 61 cause we could get them all at that price.
    Quail $5
    Chuckers $15
    Pheasants $30

Takes lots on birds and lots of money to train a bird dog. I know, I have 3 mutts.
    If you know what your doing you can use pigeons over and over, getting allot of mileage out of them but sooner or later you will be replacing them.
    Good luck and if you find a source of cheaper birds let me know. I am always on the lookout.
    Don
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.