Thread: How close are the silvers in whittier?

Default How close are the silvers in whittier?

Curious as to how far out we will have to travel to find silvers this weekend. Hoping ester island is as far as we'll need to go but may bring more fuel if you fellas think its warrented. Thanks and tight lines

Ill be down Friday afternoon to Saturday night...We'll be camping in Culross if your out come say hey! Black Hewescraft 20 ft. black top.

I heard south end of Perry and Culross islands have been really good lately.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Hadn't heard about culross just crafton and further south. Lets hope!!! Thanks Rob B

I have only caught one coho at Pigot. Sorry to say i will try to run to Main Bay tomorrow.

I caught a few silvers all over the sound last weekend. A few at applegate, problably the most between main bay and crafton, and a few on the southeast side of Knight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

The seiners have been hitting the South end of Perry Island and the mouth of South Bay HARD for the past 5 or more days and are working it today.We do have oysters (and oyster knives) but not sure about the salmon fishing with all the commercial boats out scooping them up.

You will be happy to hear that we caught one silver trolling from our boat right outside the harbor at Whittier. Only bad news is that we probably put in 8 hours total for that one silver. BUT good to know they are in that far.

I see that it's going to be 7 foot seas this Saturday in PWS. I'm not touching that!! You guys really going out? I hope maybe that goes through early and Sat will be calm.

Quote Originally Posted by Emu View Post
    I see that it's going to be 7 foot seas this Saturday in PWS. I'm not touching that!! You guys really going out? I hope maybe that goes through early and Sat will be calm.
    I'm bummed about the forecast too, but was thinking port wells or nellie might be rainy but do-able. The passage canal forecast isn't too bad at this point so maybe the winds won't reach the NW areas too badly.

NOAA is saying it will lay down at midnight - Just found out that I am going to try to hit the tunnel at 6am Sunday - hope she doesn't stay angry. Probably head up towards night and a little farther and then work our way back to port. Hoping to see a butt or two, a rockie or two, and a hold full of silvers.......but you know what they say - "wish in one hand s%*t in the other and see which fills up first"! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    but you know what they say - "wish in one hand s%*t in the other and see which fills up first"! LOL.
    Thats what NOAA says? It does sound like a forecast model though.

I'm going down too. Prob wait till 7:30 tunnel. The weather outlook keeps changing for the slightly better.