Thread: Informative moose video

Default Informative moose video

Does anyone have a moose video they would be willing to share/post that demonstrates the entire skinning and queartering process? M. Strahan has a short one on youtube that is very good but I can't find the complete video...it's only abuot nine minutes long. I do all my own skinning but have never tackled something the size of a moose. A good video that revealed certain tips re caping/skinning/butchering would be very beneficial to me and probably many others as well.

I bought the Wilderness Taxidermy Video but it doesn't demontrate what I am looking for. Any help, advice, pics and especially a video would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

ADF&G used to have this available, and it's pretty good. Video is "Field Care of Big Game"

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...articles_id=23

Yep. Fish and game still has it to buy or rent

sent from my igloo

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf1 View Post
    ADF&G used to have this available, and it's pretty good. Video is "Field Care of Big Game"

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...articles_id=23
    Yes, this is good; you can buy it over on the store tab for this site. Also, "A Complete Guide to Float Hunting Alaska" and "Project Bloodtrail DVD" both by Larry Bartlett are worth buying.

Diddo on Project Bloodtrail. This video has roughly 2 hours on complete meat care, covering Salvage, Preservation, and Transport of wild game. Shows the process on caribou and moose. Tons of helpful tips and steps to guide you through the process. I believe Mike sells the video on this site.

Good luck,

larry

Thanks Lads. As usual you all have been very helpful!