Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flathorn Lake

Default Flathorn Lake

Planning a run down to flathorn tomorrow to fish for pike. How is the river below the Deshka? I've never been down that far. Are there any problem areas I should watch out for? Thanks for the help!

I went down last weekend and caught many pike. 5 around 30 inch range. The big su is fine all the way down. I took the first north entrance to the lake and was fine, some shallow spots, what type of boat are you in? I took GPS coordinates of the entrance if you want them, was 31.5 miles from landing to entrance. Fish the north end of the lake, and east side were the entrances to the big coves are. That is where we had luck.

Man I wish I had time to go with you guys. I went down there a couple times last year and they were all awesome trips. Maybe if you make another trip later in the season I could tagalong. Good luck and hammer them pikes bro... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

I tried to get in there Sunday...but ran into this on the main entrance. Completly blocked off....I didn't look at the North entrance for I figured if this one was like this that one would be worse. Ended up taking a long boat ride on a beautiful day though.
    Attachment 72570

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    Man I wish I had time to go with you guys. I went down there a couple times last year and they were all awesome trips. Maybe if you make another trip later in the season I could tagalong. Good luck and hammer them pikes bro... "fishon"

Bob I will let you know.

Coordinates would be awesome
    NRA life Member JVJ

North entrance 6125'11.78"N 15027'59.93"W the south entrance I dot have they are in my boat but I think there is a thread on here with both sets.

I ran my 16 foot tracker with a surface drive down. We came in the south entrance and made it in just fine. Caught some pike and had a good time! We tried to come out the north entrance to save a few miles and beached the boat on the last turn just 150 yards shy of the river. Little bit of pulling and walking and we were back in business. A lot of the fish had battle scars as seen in the below picture. First picture is the entrance slough. Throw anything...topwater, cranks, senkos, jig n pig, etc. They will hit it!

Approching the entrance you want to be close to the bank left side going down su because there is a big hidden sand bar about 80 yards off shore so just stay close to bank and turn into creek and don't stop if your jet boating till you get to Y

I noticed many battle scars on the ones I caught to even the big ones. My buddy tossed a 10 incher back in the water with the hook still in its mouth and had about a 20 incher swallow it in seconds, was pretty awesome to see

Yes, I believe a jet would have made it fine. My rock guard starting bouncing bottom and I lost traction and beached it. Then we found the sand bar 80 yards off shore haha. Still had a great time and will do it again.

Ya it's a fun trip, I went down past the entrance and missed it and almost shot across that hidden bar but quickly went about 400 yards back up river then down, does anyone know if you can jet into Alexander lake? I hope that's not a stupid question just haven't looked into much

Quote Originally Posted by Esh View Post
    I ran my 16 foot tracker with a surface drive down. We came in the south entrance and made it in just fine. Caught some pike and had a good time! We tried to come out the north entrance to save a few miles and beached the boat on the last turn just 150 yards shy of the river. Little bit of pulling and walking and we were back in business. A lot of the fish had battle scars as seen in the below picture. First picture is the entrance slough. Throw anything...topwater, cranks, senkos, jig n pig, etc. They will hit it!
    Esh, when was this trip? I was down there this weekend and lik I said thr slough was blocked. ..I've been down numerous times in the past. ..Good times

Those pictures were from yesterday. I cant see what you attached...was there a tree across the entrance? It was clear for us. I think I will be heading down again mid next week!

Yes it can be done. I tried year before last but I didnt pack enuff fuel for my sport Jon. If your down that way right now the mounts of the creek should have a good number of silvers in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielApplin View Post
    Ya it's a fun trip, I went down past the entrance and missed it and almost shot across that hidden bar but quickly went about 400 yards back up river then down, does anyone know if you can jet into Alexander lake? I hope that's not a stupid question just haven't looked into much
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Anyone want to try and go this weekend, silver fishing? Pike fishing out towards Alexander. Ill bring the grill

Holy cow! I just looked at the map, that must be about 35-40 river miles from mout of Alexander to lake. Making that a 140 miles roughly round trip

Anyone want to try and go this weekend, silver fishing? Pike fishing out towards Alexander. Ill bring the grill
    Good luck, waters too low, you'll never make it. Just hauled out a Predator to the East channel for Larry Heater to haul to the Deshka. About a thousand dollar mistake by the time he paid me and Larry!

Ya I bet the water is really low. Is the river loaded with rocks?

Ya I bet the water is really low. Is the river loaded with rocks?
    Yes, and it's braided with dead ends. Not very wide and maneuverable up stream. You'll just tear up your boat. Good time to try is late May when the water is high. Bring a chainsaw because there are lots of sweepers and overhanging trees after breakup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast