Thread: Ankle Fit Hip Boots for Wife

Default Ankle Fit Hip Boots for Wife

Hope someone can help. I have searched for years now for ankle fit hip boots that fit my wife's foot. She wears a men's size 4. She wore xtra tuff's sometimes and then regular hip waders last year on the North Slope and ended up with a nasty blister.

I love my LaCrosse ankle fit and my Cabela's bog busters but they don't come in her size.

Any ideas??? Sometimes a kids model will work for her, but can't find any of those either.

Help!

http://www.6thavenueoutfitters.com/footwear-c-850.html

Now they do not list size 4 but we went into the store and we were able to purchase the smaller size. it has been a couple years though

Dwight

Thanks Dwight, just called them and they carry the LaCrosse in as small as a size 5 and suggested we get her in there and try it with a felt insole. There's a chance this will work, but still hoping for a size 4 solution.
    Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1951 View Post
    http://www.6thavenueoutfitters.com/footwear-c-850.html

Now they do not list size 4 but we went into the store and we were able to purchase the smaller size. it has been a couple years though

Dwight

Okaiwear.com carries kids waders. Great company too.
    BK

Why not try some breathable hip or waist high stocking foot waders and some wading boots with hiking type soles?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlander View Post
    Why not try some breathable hip or waist high stocking foot waders and some wading boots with hiking type soles?
    I think this is the best suggestion, although probably the most expensive. You might also look at the NEOS overboot hip waders - they have an ankle strap. Go on over sneakers, boots, whatever.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

She has some of the breathable chest waders and we've discussed trying them. The only issue is durability concerns while hunting in them. Lots of pokey, sticky things on the tundra and sometimes we are actually crawling.
    Are they working well for others in this situation or will it shred them over time? We love fishing and rafting in them.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlander View Post

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    She has some of the breathable chest waders and we've discussed trying them. The only issue is durability concerns while hunting in them. Lots of pokey, sticky things on the tundra and sometimes we are actually crawling.
    Are they working well for others in this situation or will it shred them over time? We love fishing and rafting in them.
    Thanks.
    It is my opinion that they are way to hot, I have hunted with somebody wearing them and it was a big complaint, also if you are using a boat or crossing any rivers they are dangerous as they will pull you under if they fill with water.
    dwight

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1951 View Post
    It is my opinion that they are way to hot, I have hunted with somebody wearing them and it was a big complaint, also if you are using a boat or crossing any rivers they are dangerous as they will pull you under if they fill with water.
    dwight
    Filling with water is why you use a wader belt and use a wading staff. In a boat, wear your life jacket. All of Alaska is filled with fishermen in waders and more people die in tiny airplane crashes than are pulled under water and drowned because theirs waders filled up water. Most float hunters use waders of some sort or another.

Thanks.
    Ranger makes a very durable chest wader that I often wear while moose hunting. It keeps the rain and dew off you while walking around in the brush. Not sure how small of size they make them though.
    BK

Found them! Made by a company called Reed. They were at Sweeny's in Soldotna!! Size 4!!

Found them! Made by a company called Reed. They were at Sweeny's in Soldotna!! Size 4!!
    Did you find them in the warehouse sale...???.......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!