Thread: Lacing up boots

Question Lacing up boots

This morning on my training hike to try and break my new boots my feet were hurting like a SOB. I stopped to relace and no where dry to park my back 40 (it has finally started to rain again in my neck of the woods ).

Stooped over, unlaced and took each boot off, adjusted sox and relaced boots. Started walking and it was like I had a different pair of boots.

I put this down to having my weight in the boot spreading it when I relaced, instead of lacing them sitting and then standing and trying to spread the boot, which would make it more difficult to spread the boot and putting pressure on the foot, causing hot spots and pain/discomfort.

Have I stumbled on an age old hikers secret or was it just re-arranging everything that made it feel better?
    il vaut mieux Ítre bon que la chance

You have stumbled on "an age old hikers secret". You should always have weight on your foot when lacing your boots. I usually start off moderate as far as the tightness and after a little walking I snug them up. Once they are good and broke in you will know your boots and know just how snug they need to be.

Thumbs up Who says old dogs can't learn new tricks

I am mighty pleased I stumbled on this, should make the breaking in process a whole lot easier (and less painful)

Thanks Snyd

oz
    il vaut mieux Ítre bon que la chance

Default Lacing boots

I like to lock my laces. Old logger showed me how, works best with hole style, top lace hole. Go back through top hole with lace and leave a loop,
    on both top lace holes. Then put lace into oppoisite loop and pull tight will not loosen. Somtimes like to lock boot at mid instep also.

Thumbs up Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    You have stumbled on "an age old hikers secret". You should always have weight on your foot when lacing your boots. I usually start off moderate as far as the tightness and after a little walking I snug them up. Once they are good and broke in you will know your boots and know just how snug they need to be.
    Tried this yesterday and it worked GREAT!! I put my boots on at 7am and didn't take them off until 10:30pm! Was on my feet all day and my feet were as comfortable as they have ever been!

So...why does it take us so long to learn the simple things in life?!?!

Bet you didn't want to hear what Mom and Dad said either.

Had to learn from your own mistakes.

You knew better.

That can't be.

That is too simple to be the answer.

the list goes on.........