Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TMA '11 mounted

Default TMA '11 mounted

Good luck sheep hunters of 2013! Here is the TMA í11 ram we got. Trip report here. Custom built mount. I canít thank Dave at Frontier Taxidermy in Valdez enough. Frontier Taxidermy. No doubt where my future work will go. Friend and I dropped off 3 bears and 2 sheep and everything came out fantastic. The up close detail is amazing but can only be appreciated in person. The hair was so long on this one he wasnít able to do a lot of the muscle detail he normally does. The pictures are really poor of it hanging in the house. Battling lighting issues and finally gave up.

Congrats again, a beautiful sheep and a nice mount!

Just what I was wanting to see. Beautiful animal. September 4th can't come soon enough.

Wonderful work and Beautiful Ram.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Nice! Custom and quality

Very Nice!!

What a beautiful sheep and mount! Dave does great work and is one of the nicest guys. He did my black bear a couple years ago and it is still the best rug I've ever seen (might be a little biased). Can't wait to take him a sheep of my own!

AZinAK

He's a beauty...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Wow, that looks awesome, nice sheep too. I hope to check him out after returning from the Brooks this year if everything goes our way. Congrats on a very nice wall hanger.

Sweet Ram! Congratulations that ram turns my crank every time I see him... Beautiful. Hope you are headed to the mountains again this sheep season! The 24th can not come quick enough for me. Best of luck this fall.

Wow! Very nice ram. That turned out great. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome ram, and very cool mount! Do you mind posting a picture of it from the side showing the whole profile view up to the wall? I really like the idea of the ram coming straight out (not turning to either side), but I'm curious how it looks from the side. Thanks for sharing!

What a great ram! Daves not only a good friend of mine but he does the most realistic sheep mounts I've seen to date. Ive never been anything but amazed with his work. Nothing better than when the ram on the wall looks just like he did in the field. Congrats

That's a beautiful ram - congrats!!

I would magpie in my pants if I saw a ram like that! Congrats! Mount looks great too!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I would magpie in my pants if I saw a ram like that! Congrats! Mount looks great too!
    I think he might have magpied in his pants after walking up to him. I do know he was not admitting how big it was despite the multiple field expedient measuring devices we came up with till we got back and put a legitimate tape measure on him. That was an amazing hunt and an amazing ram. Glad it came out so well!

aare you sure you didn't take marco polo sheep horns and glue them on?? thats a great looking ram and a great mount!!

I did good...... I just reread his whole story again as I had forgotten a lot of it. During the read I realized that I didn't remember what the horns eventually measured out at. So I went back here and looked, and then went back to the story and looked at the pics of the ram laying there, and I decided it was between 41 and 42. Needless to say I was a bit tickled with myself when I read again that they ended up being 41-1/8".

Sometimes I think it's like when you see a big bear..........most everybody you talk to always says..."I saw a really big bear!". But then, when it actually comes down to it, when you do finally see a big bear, you just know it. I think same with big rams......when you see a 40"+ ram........you just know it....!!!

Once again, great ram and great story as well. I've never put in for a TMA tag, but even at my age I just may have to start.......lol. Well, maybe I'll know a bit more about myself these days after I try a goat hunt again this fall......lol.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Sweeeeeeeet!

AK Predator is this what you wanted?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast