Thread: Selling my baby . . .

Unhappy Selling my baby . . .

Have accepted a job transfer to Houston, TX , so I'm selling off all my Alaska toys. My plane is up for sale also, as I will not have time to fly with the new job, for the foreseeable future anyway. If you're interested, it is advertised on CL and AL. <sigh>

SH

Once upon a time .... a long ... long time ago, I had to make the chioce .... Place vs Position, mid 90's I could have become an employee at Bank of the West in Portland as a small systems IBM assembler programmer in the item processing area (check processing only a few hundred in the nation) for 125k starting wage. National Bank of Alaska was purchased by Wells Fargo and I was going to lose my job. Wife was a senior teacher in the Mat Su Borough, our son was in a good school system, living the Alaska dream and we were accumulating rental properties. I decided to get my MBA at AK. Pacific Univ. and stay in Alaska. After the MBA, 9 more years as an IT Manager and a then great retirement.

Tough call we had relatives in the Portland area and would have fit right in, decided to stay.

What toys are you selling?

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

Sorry to see you go SH, best of luck on your new endeavors ...As the Knight said in the last Indiana Jones Movie..."Ocn..you have chosen "WISELY"...

So far, I've sold Sierra Hotel, my 2005 Dodge 2500, and my RV. Still to go, my 2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660, some Orvis fly rods for trout (mostly 5 and 6 wts), skis and boots (2x men's, 1x woman's), all our winter gear, etc.

oh, and the house.

Ocn, yeah I understand the choice of location, it's one I've been living the last 12 years, but there are both personal and professional considerations that drive,me to take the job, even if it's in Houston.

Hope to see y'all on my return trips - and there will be trips "home" to Alaska.

Wow. The boat sure went quick. Lots of boats have been selling fast lately. Glad it's all working out for you so far. Hope the rest of your transition goes just as easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

The gulf coast has it's charms. Enjoy the journey.

Thanks Mr. Pid.

Rob, yeah it did go quick. 1day for the boat, 4 hrs. for the RV. Probably should have asked for more $$! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Hotel View Post
    So far, I've sold Sierra Hotel, my 2005 Dodge 2500, and my RV. Still to go, my 2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660, some Orvis fly rods for trout (mostly 5 and 6 wts), skis and boots (2x men's, 1x woman's), all our winter gear, etc.

oh, and the house.

Ocn, yeah I understand the choice of location, it's one I've been living the last 12 years, but there are both personal and professional considerations that drive,me to take the job, even if it's in Houston.

Hope to see y'all on my return trips - and there will be trips "home" to Alaska.
    Wanna PM me about the Orvis fly rods?

Check your PM's Mort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Hotel View Post
    Check your PM's Mort.
    Latest PM not legible. Just a descending list of previous PMs. Wanna try again, please? Thanx . . .

I moved up here from Dickinson (South Houston on the way to Galveston on 45)

Sad to see anyone move outta state. Here is some advice; treate July and August like we do here in Jan and Feb. Dont go out side unless absolutely need / planned.

I hadn't been home in 10 years (parents moved to HI while I was at tOSU). I left 2 weeks after graduation and never returned. I got talked into coming back for my 10 year reunion. I left Houston it was 117* with the heat index and land here it was 65*. It only took 3 hours to remember what home is. I decided to move back made plans to move back the next day.

Lots of airstrips out of Houston Proper.

I love south Texas. I'm here right now. 103* outside. I prefer it to below zero. There are lots of great places in this country. Alaska doesn't have an exclusive.