Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grip it and rip it??????????????????????

Angry Grip it and rip it??????????????????????

Im gussing I am gonna get shut down by the mods for this one but this "tool" on the Kenai Saturday was a piece of work. Ray Charles can see hoe bad this guy is yanking. Im posting a link to the video. If you don't like bad words, turn the volume off. I was not real pleased. If you know him, feel free to tell him my thoughts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eolPO...ature=youtu.be
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I'm (not) surprised that people still take the chance doing this. I remember a number of years ago the F&G were sitting up on the road with binos looking down just below Jim's Landing and giving tickets one right after the other for blatantly snagging.

I'm with you.......these people drive me nuts...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Oh now thats just funny

What's worse is it's a guide boat. Not sure how that guide looks himself in mirror. Hopefully either the guide or the fisherman are on the forums and see their video posted. That's one of the worst rippers I've ever seen. The greed of some people to get fish is pretty stupid. I guess that's what separates us from animals. Animals take what they need to live, not wasting. Humans take as much as they can for greed and profit. I hope the mods leave the video up. Submit to F&G Chuck. Maybe they'll do something about it it they can get a hull number off of the boat.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

You were right:

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    ..... If you don't like bad words, turn the volume off........
    That dirty, rotten, son-of-a-dog sure has a dirty mouth.

Classy! Got to love that River this time of year!
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Wow, not much you can say for that guy. Casting into an eddy, down stream yep he isn't trying to snagg………nope move it along people nothing to see here.

Chuck you should have went over and low holed the guy for being such a D BAG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOKvXO9O1ok

Brothers? Cousins?

It's everywhere. Saw a few folks on an uppers stretch of a parks stream this weekend; with rods you could land a halibut with, and trebles bigger than my.... uh.. hand.

They said they were "trout fishing, seen any?"..

Wow, that's just insane. So much for sport fishing. As a relative newbie who considers himself an "outsider looking in", I can say I honestly don't get that behavior at all. Hell, it's not even necessary. I was fortunate to cut my teeth on both Klutina and Kenai reds this year, ditto for my wife and boys, and we did just fine without the so-called "twitch" or in this case the "monster yank".

Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOKvXO9O1ok

Brothers? Cousins?

It's everywhere. Saw a few folks on an uppers stretch of a parks stream this weekend; with rods you could land a halibut with, and trebles bigger than my.... uh.. hand.

They said they were "trout fishing, seen any?"..
    Good lord people. They are just fish. What a tool. What that a pink he snagged on top of it

My in-laws had guests from the lower 48 visiting for the past 3 weeks. They fished tangle lakes, willow creek, and had a guide for reds on the Kasilof. When they returned, I asked how the Kasilof trip went and if they fly fished? They said, yes, we used our fly rods but the guide had us "gripping and ripping". My in-laws and guests didn't know any better. They all limited out but were disappointed by the technique the guide had them using. They thought they were going to be doing "tradiational" fly fishing. I bet this video is an accurate depiction of what the guide had them doing.

If the "tug is the drug", that guy is a tug thug.
    Shameless snagging. He should be at the Homer Fishin' Hole for that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by browell7 View Post
    My in-laws had guests from the lower 48 visiting for the past 3 weeks. They fished tangle lakes, willow creek, and had a guide for reds on the Kasilof. When they returned, I asked how the Kasilof trip went and if they fly fished? They said, yes, we used our fly rods but the guide had us "gripping and ripping". My in-laws and guests didn't know any better.
    They think about reporting the guide?
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

I got a nice response from the Troopers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (13.5 KB, 319 views)

Not sure if it's a guide boat. May just be a boulder boat works drift boat.

wyatt-2010.jpg

Anyways, that's not how you're supposed to fish?!

Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post
    That is beyond ridiculous.

As with a lot of things, the fishing world could use some better education. There are fewer instances at the Russian of brown bears stealing people's stuff since they really got the word out that your belongings being within 3' of you and started writing tickets. I think they could accomplish a lot with signs showing someone "mid-rip", stating that that's illegal, and show some pictures and a pie chart that points out how many foul-hooked fish you get with that method vs. a true flossing method.
    My signature is awesome.

A couple weeks ago I saw a guy right at the Moose River confluence in tennis shoes (ie onshore) giving it everything this guy has and then some. What sucked was there were the usual 15-20 people around him, most even in the water with hip boots, and nobody said anything. Not even about him casting from behind or such. So I made a comment, got the usual disregarding response and did what is the easy thisng to do nowadays-"say smile" while I took a picture. That seems to work every time, just have to be ready for an escalation-and then stand your ground....

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    I got a nice response from the Troopers.
    Thanks for adding reputation to this user....
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

I had a lot of trouble explaining to some guys I had visiting from Washington why the guys upstream of us were killing the fish (utilizing the rip) while we were getting one ever now and then. I pointed out how most of them were coming in sideways but it was still disheartening for them. Sad for me, I felt bad for my guys and angry at the rippers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast