Thread: Russian River Update

Default Russian River Update

How's the fishing on the Russian any one been lately looking at heading down on Monday if the fishing was good.

So, so sat. Wasn't as good as we'd night. Lots of boats floating though.

Weir counts are increasing, looking good.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/FishCo...YEAR=2013,2012

Was on the Russian and just below the confluence on Monday. Some people working hard and getting their limit. Very sporadic. Was on the river six hours and only one brief hook up. Only saw one fish swim by. Russian River levels very low. Any hole with water was surrounded by people. Weir counts obviously have dropped way down.

Keep moving only stop to look at holes,no fish move.if u find fish than u catch it or someone else will. That's the rule on the Russian.. river

There was a ton of fish at the falls last friday, made me think a little different about the wier count. We hiked all the way to the mouth and saw NO fish in the middle of the river, saw a handfull at cottonwood and one caught at the mouth.

Fished the sanctuary and near the ferry Friday late night to Saturday dawn. Fish were there in good numbers. Especially at dawn when we could see the schools of reds at our feet that we probably casted over all night long. Once the ferry started operating, the numbers of people greatly outnumbered the fish and there wasn't room for us to stay on. I got my 3, but not everyone in my party did.

Had a buddy limit out on the Russian in a couple hours this morning. Big push ran up
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Was there last evening. If you're gonna go, go now. The fish are already beyond blushing. Those who fished all day got a mix of grayed out fish and blushed ones. We ended up limiting out at 6 fish in 4 hours, lots of fish. Hooked a king too that headed for Mexico.