Thread: Anchorage to Seward

Default Anchorage to Seward

I am spending 3 days in Sewards (overnighting in Anchorage on the way) middle of August fishing, first time coming down that what, are there any decent spots roadside from Anchorage to Seward to wet and line and maybe hook a fish or two? Any advice greatly appreciated. Tight lines everyone!

Anchorage to Seward is going to be mostly fresh water along the roadside. What are you interested in fishing for? Do you have a boat? The only saltwater on the way is going to be Turnagain arm. I wouldn't bother fishing in the arm itself but you can shore fish from the mouths of Bird Creek, 20 mile and Placer rivers. The latter two would be much better with a river boat.

no boat, driving....doing some charters when in Seward. I am interested in just passing a few hours on the way down fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by bayman099 View Post
    no boat, driving....doing some charters when in Seward. I am interested in just passing a few hours on the way down fishing.
    Might just try casting spoons or vibrax out by millers landing or the by the waterfall in seward to past the time.

Ptarmignan creek about 25/30 miles out of Seward, you can bead for dollies and rainbows. Just look for the sockeyes and you will find the others