Thread: Ranger 800 mid vs sportsman 800 efi

Default Ranger 800 mid vs sportsman 800 efi

I have been trying to decide which to get for a few months now. I guess I'm just a tad indecisive. I'm going to be using it for hunting and exploring primarily. But I will also be using it to plow my driveway. I like that the Ranger mid fits in the bed of a truck but is its being wider than the sportsman going to be a pain in the rear on the trails? The specs list the ranger mid as being 58" wide. My truck bed at the base of the tail gate is 58 3/4". Any advice or experiences would be appreciated. Basically for me at the moment I'm equally torn between the two. Sigh...

I'm going to offer neither is better than the other. My reasoning is what you want it for and the cost you are willing to pay. I understand trying to reduce cost of a trailer. My scenario, buying one Ranger 800 vs (2) ATV's made cents. Only once did I find the UTV at a disadvantage going down the trail due to width, and I was able to back up and go around. After owning the Ranger 800 UTV, my major concerns now are clearance and EBS. (ATV will ride smoother, and take trails faster, IMHO) The Engine Braking System is a major disappointment to me, but correctable with after market mods. So I will counter with the primary remark, ..."I'm going to be using it for hunting and exploring primarily". Where do you plan to explore? For me, I wish that I had a lower gear ratio or EBS. (Hills, mountains) In the swamp I wish that I had purchased tracks. I guess there is no perfect answer.....my lesson on UTV/ATV. We will always want more, or something different.