Thread: Bowhunting 'Bou in GMU13?

Question Bowhunting 'Bou in GMU13?

Little apprehensive about crowding issues, but wanting to give 'bou in GMU13 a go with my BT Heartbreaker. Has anyone had any experience? I was thinking either utilize a boat/raft/canoe to get away from the road and look for heavily used trails to set up an ambush...OR....spot and stalk.

Your thoughts & experiences?
    But all conservation of wildness is self-defeating, for to cherish we must see and touch, and when enough have seen and touched, there is no wilderness left to cherish.
    -- Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeProclivity83 View Post
    Little apprehensive about crowding issues, but wanting to give 'bou in GMU13 a go with my BT Heartbreaker. Has anyone had any experience? I was thinking either utilize a boat/raft/canoe to get away from the road and look for heavily used trails to set up an ambush...OR....spot and stalk.

Your thoughts & experiences?
    I've taken a number of bou in unit 13 within 50 yards, some as close as probably 10-15 yards, but with a rifle. I have brought my bow with me in hopes of using it, but didn't have it with me at the times the bou presented themselves. The thing to consider, though, is that where I am hunting, I might see one other pair of hunters in a week, so it doesn't get much traffic and it is easy to stake out a crossing spot and wait for them to come to me.