Thread: Vinyl wraps for boats

Default Vinyl wraps for boats

I am tired of buffing out my aluminum boat to a mirror finish. Its a lot of work but it sure looks good afterward. at least for a short time. I even used shark Hide the last time , but it was not long until it looked bad. TAKING OFF THE SHARK HIDE WAS A BIG JOB. I know that they make Vinyl that looks like chrome. Has anyone used it on an aluminum boat? If I could get that mirror finish what a time saver that would be. If anyone has used a chrome vinyl on their boat I would like how it worked out for them.
    A CLOSE CALL IS A FREE LESSON

Did you know that your hull is actually stronger with the layer of oxidation covering it .it might not be as pretty but its alot less work sometimes the best boats are the ugly ones. Iv never seen a crome wrap bit you can go to those auto wrap places and i bet they got somthin youd like. Theyl wrap anything theylwrap up your wife if you got one haha

20 years ago I put a chrome wrap on the undersides of my door panels on a Honda Civic. The car was straight, buttery smooth finish wise, but it still looked dumpy (coulda been because it was a 1988 civic). I susupect a chrome vinyl would look bad.

I used a wetblast sand blast attachment to my landingcraft see results on this forum (http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...t=landingcraft)

Other finished I have seen that are cheap and work is a high speed sander to make circles (think of workskiff brand finish), and also you can get the boat painted with zolatone.

Sobie2

Just let it turn gray and party on , we all know it's Alloy and well taken care of.