Thread: Coho numbers

Default Coho numbers

Lots of talk about sockeye and the netters in the inlet. Does anyone know this years commercial coho catch and how it compares to the last couple of years? Might shed some light on what to expect this year.

To date, ADF&G shows 96,934 coho harvested in the Upper Cook Inlet (UCI).
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...salmon_harvest

Per the 2012 UCI Commerical Salmon Fishery Season Summary:
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ho.../237160620.pdf
    "The 2012 commerical harvest estimate of 103,000 coho... was approximately 45% lower than the recent 10-year average annual harvest of approximately 187,000 fish."
    2011: 95,276 coho
    2010: 207,256 coho
    2009: 153,210 coho
    2008: 171,869 coho

I'll let you draw your own conclusions/predictions for this year's sport fishery.

Cheers,
    Rich
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Thats not looking to good

Don't be looking at ADF&Gs #s already. Lets look and talk with the fisherman. Lets look and talk with the folks that are actually out on the rivers. Ya know the ones that are catching the fish. The ones that are there with the fish. Look at the #s for the Kenia and how we all did in regards to dippin. I don't go by what ADF&G says anymore. They are in cahoots with the money-makin parts of our world and not the regular folks. The only time I deal with them is to get my legal docs in order so the man don't bother me... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    Don't be looking at ADF&Gs #s already. Lets look and talk with the fisherman. Lets look and talk with the folks that are actually out on the rivers. Ya know the ones that are catching the fish. The ones that are there with the fish. Look at the #s for the Kenia and how we all did in regards to dippin. I don't go by what ADF&G says anymore. They are in cahoots with the money-makin parts of our world and not the regular folks. The only time I deal with them is to get my legal docs in order so the man don't bother me... "fishon"
    I do concur