Thread: Why should I choose you?

Default Why should I choose you?

Alright taxidermists, I see and hear horror stories of terrible taxidermy work. I always have shied away from taking any of my stuff to any local guys because the prices are not competitive with anything I can get in the lower western 48 (not even close) and the turn around times are years out, that's even if you pester them to get yours done. For example: I bow harvested a beautiful albeit smallish 6+ interior grizz last fall. Anyone I talked to here wanted $165-210 a linear foot and no one would guess on a turn around time. I shipped mine out the first part of October and just got word that it is finished. I had it rugged. I've only seen pics of it so far but I had my father-in-law pick it up for me and he said it looks great. That's 9 months. Also had a brother-in-law take a nice caribou a couple years ago and he had it shoulder mounted and back to his home in no more than 6 months. He paid $750 for it. Ive seen that one and it looks really good. Had a friend drop off a spring black bear here locally and he called the taxidermist every three months or so to get an update on it for two and half years before he got it back. With turn around times like that why should I keep my stuff here. The excitement of harvesting a great animal wears off after 3 years waiting for it to come back from the taxidermist. I'm not dogging anyone I'm just curious. I work locally and like to see my money spent locally but if I can ship it out and be money ($35 to $75 a linear foot) and time (up to two years) ahead why should I get mine done here?

Well First off, you didnt call me.

We ARE NOT over 1 year out on Anything at this time.

We Do our own tanning inhouse so no BS about it still being at the tannery.

Our prices are the SAME at my studio in Fairbanks as they are at my other Studio in Klamath Falls Oregon.

I DO have proof of my quality & a web site to PROVE my acomplishments as a FULL TIME taxidermist.

I have been in the taxidermy business FULL TIME since 1996 , & you can tell by my work on my website I take taxidermy VERY serious.

It Is & has been my Livelyhood since I started.

I OWN my property , Shop & homes in Both Alaska & Oregon so , Not behind on rent or haveing to move because someone else is selling the place or ANY other excusses.

I WILL, HAVE & Will again put my work up against ANYONE in the world in a taxidermy competition to prove the quality of my studios. ( I compete with MOSTLY Customers pieces ).

I EARNED my Award of Excelence from NTA & my Masters awards from California & Oregon.

One thing to think about sending out of state, SHIPPING both ways. With caribou , moose , large bear rugs, any lifesize or specialty mounting the price of the Cheaper taxidermists inthe lower 48 goes up VERY FAST, & in most cases will surpass what you can get it done for in MY studio here in FAIRBANKS.

Frozen or fleshed & salted bear is going to be over $100. to ship to lower 48. Atleast $ 75 . to send it back to Alaska as a finished rug.

I have been in the Fairbanks phone books for about 8 years, so I didnt just open up here over night.

I am not talking for ANYONE else in the taxidermy business here in Fairbanks or anywhere else, but you DID NOT hear any horror stories about EITHER of my taxidermy studios > Unless the customer DIDNT PAY HIS BILL<<< .

As I said this is my lively hood . I have SEVERAL guys paying payments on projects & Very happy with the finished product.

& YES i have a couple of guys that have not payed Anything on their projects & they are not happy when I call them, but thats no different than buying a car.

Any more questions.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy FAIRBANKS ALASKA & KLAMATH FALLS OREGON

907 322 0936
    or
    541 883 2492
    www.protaxidermy.com

Sorry to get a little testy here, but I for one am Tired of being grouped together with the taxidermists from North Pole or in the city of Fairbanks that are causing all the heart ache.

& every time someone gets on a forum & starts to complain they say, I CALLED ALL THE TAXIDERMISTS IN FAIRBANKS & they are ALL 2 plus years out or they do a crappy job..

If pointing fingers PLEASE point EXACTLY at Whom you are talking about & dont include EVERYONE in any steriotyping.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy
    907 322 0936