Thread: Brooks-Range Cirro Extreme primaloft/pertex jacket

Default Brooks-Range Cirro Extreme primaloft/pertex jacket

Well I bought one of these Brooks-Range Mountaineering Cirro Extreme jackets for sheep hunting, sitting, glassing, napping etc. Got if from REI for $137.73 w/free shipping. Retail is 229.

First impressions are good. Warm, no frills, decent pockets. Collar comes up past chin enough. Hood is "helmet compatible" which means it's big. I don't need it that big but it might come in handy if I wear it skiing.

Pertex Quantum fabric sure seems "tissuie" but is supposed to be pretty darn tough, windproof and fairly water resistant. Well see. My OR raingear is a Pertex Quantum stretchy fabric and it held up well to 48hrs of heavy packing in rain, shale and brush last year. Only "problem" I see at this point is it has a sheen to it. It's a little shiny for my liking which to me was not apparent in online pics I saw. I emailed Brooks-Range about it and they said "Öthe shine will fade after you wash a couple of times." I hope so, we'll see. But on the other hand. Rocks shine in sheep country but still, I'd prefer duller grey.

The logo is cool though

http://brooks-range.com/Cirro-Extreme.html

Our warmest Primaloft insulation jacket. Using two layers of 60g insulation in the body the Cirro Extreme is designed to be worn as a over jacket when the temp's start to drop.

• Weight: 17oz (482g) medium (Size large weighs 19ozs. I weighed it.)
    • Primaloft Insulation
    • Pertex Quantum fabric
    • Helmet Compatible hood
    • Two chest pockets
    • Draft collar
    • Hand warmer pockets
    • Low bulk cuffs

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Nice looking jacket, now get some blood on it and ask REI to take it back.

I do like it, all kidding aside.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Have you tested this jacket yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Warm, wind proof, surprisingly breathable, and warm when wet. I hiked in the rain for hours coming out heavy. In those conditions I just wear a base layer and rain gear. Stop to eat and put on the jacket over wet base layer and put wet rainwear over it and stayed nice and toasty.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

This looks like a great jacket. I wonder why they discontinued it, I went looking for one and nowhere to be found.

hmm, good question. Looks like they only have the Cirro not the Cirro Extreme now.

I guess you should sell me yours! lol