Thread: Taxidermist recommendations

Default Taxidermist recommendations

I will be doing a September hunting trip. I plan on also doing some fishing. I hope to catch a sizable Grayling (it doesn't have to be a monster) to have mounted. Can you recommend a QUAILTY taxidemist in or near the Anchorage area? Thank you.

I just picked up my yelloweye rockfish from russel knights taxidermy. should be getting my bou back in the next few weeks. so far i have been very pleased. you can see some of their work in their shop. EricL

Mark - Yukon Grubaugh at Tall Tales Taxidermy does the best work of anyone I've met (and I say that with two family members who also do taxidermy!) Better yet, he's just a great guy who loves hunting and working with hunters and their animals. At the very least, he's a kick to talk hunting with. Check out his website and give him a call - tell him Brian told you to call - and you'll at least get an idea if his shop is what you're looking for.

Clint Brown with Tundra Tanning and Taxidermy does great work. He is swamped with all the work he does, very popular. Did the caribou pictured in my posts. He has done about a half dozen plaques, rugs, and shoulder mounts for us. They all turned out great and he is very reasonable on his prices.

We've been going to Hunter Fisher Taxidermy the past few years and haven't had any complaints. They've always been very consistent with their time period estimates too.