Thread: August Hunt Test coming up, get ready for duck hunting

Default August Hunt Test coming up, get ready for duck hunting

RUN YOUR DOG IN AN AKC HUNT TEST

August16, 17 &18th at Point Mackenzie

The Alaska Working Retriever Club is having its last hunt test of the year.

We want and need your participation. Come give it a try, work towards getting a field title for your dog. Please call if you have questions, the rules are pretty simple and straight forward. Fees have been reduced for this hunt test for all JUNIOR DOG ENTRIES from $65 to $40. Your dog will have a live mallard shot for him to retrieve, plus additional retrieves depending on the class you enter in. All information is on Entry Express, and simple instructions to enter. https://www.entryexpress.net/LoggedI....aspx?eid=6067

If you have never been in a hunt test, try it! Fun for you and your dog will love you for it. Do it, especially, if you plan to hunt with your dog this fall. Duck season opens less than 2 weeks after our test.

http://images.akc.org/pdf/rulebooks/RHTRET.pdf

I attached a link to the rule book if you are interested in finding out more, but just call me if you have questions. All tests will be fair and straight forward, and yes, they will get more difficult as dogs progress from Junior Hunter to Senior Hunter to Master Hunter. Hunt Tests are fun events; you compete against a standard, pass or fail, no placements. You can all pass, if the dogs do the required work.

CALL IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, BUD 240 4090
    Wasilla

Just thought I'd add ... AKC now has approved other sport hunting breeds to run in Hunt Test. You can google the list pretty easy. Just search "eligible breeds for AKC hunt test"
    Junior level is all single retrieves. 2 water, 2 land
    Senior level is a double on land and double using water. Plus a land and water blind.
    Master level. Mostly all triples, with multiple blinds, honors and diversions.
    These are fun to train for and to run. So, let's get that retriever fever.
    If you've never seen one in action I invite you to come out.

Was just looking a the sign up for that. I noticed, while glossing over the rules downloaded from AKC, that no dog can be judged by a trainer who has worked with the dog in the past year. We were in Joann and Baron's training classes this past winter/spring; does this mean I can only run the dog one of the two days? (Entry Exress shows Joann as one of the judges on Sunday.) Or am I only supposed to run him on one day only anyway?

were you in the training class where joann was supervising and doing the training, or in barons class. i think if joann directly trained your dog, it might be a problem. not so much if joann was just one of the trainers in a group setting. i will do some research and get back to you. i am one of the judges that weekend also, but no problem with me, since i did not do any training with people at the class. also, if you go to entry express, it has the deadline shown for entry, be sure and note the time is listed as central time, and midnight there is i think, 8 pm here. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    were you in the training class where joann was supervising and doing the training, or in barons class. i think if joann directly trained your dog, it might be a problem. not so much if joann was just one of the trainers in a group setting. i will do some research and get back to you. i am one of the judges that weekend also, but no problem with me, since i did not do any training with people at the class. also, if you go to entry express, it has the deadline shown for entry, be sure and note the time is listed as central time, and midnight there is i think, 8 pm here. Bud
    We spent most of our time with Joann. And yeah, I learned the hard way on that central time zone thing-missed out on the last hunt test (by minutes) on that one. I also thought you could register day of event, but guess not.

Won't be a problem, judges involved consider group taining class as not being included in the intent of the regulation. Go ahead and enter in both tests you are interested in. Bud

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    We spent most of our time with Joann. And yeah, I learned the hard way on that central time zone thing-missed out on the last hunt test (by minutes) on that one. I also thought you could register day of event, but guess not.
    Wasilla

GOOD MORNING!!!

Pull out the CAMO and find your whistle!!! Itís time for.................

One final reminder that entries close for AWRCís final event of the season, our AKC Double Header Hunt Test, Monday, August 5th. Thatís tomorrow evening!!

Grab your duck call and enter your pups at www.EntryExpress.net

This event will be held at Point MacKenzie, Friday August 16- Sunday, August 18th. Event details can be found at www.entryexpress.net.

A final and awesome tailgate sha-BANG will be held at the conclusion of Saturdayís stakes. Please join us for some fun and exciting hunting dog work, good company and delicious food!!!

And donít forget to practice holding the shotgun!

See you there!

Wasilla

Closes at 8 pm Monday