Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seward update

Red face Seward update

Anyone been slayin silvers lately? Didn't have much luck at calisto today I wonder where they are?

We had really good luck to the east between day harbor and johnstone bay this past weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I was just outside johnstone bay last weekend and there were quite a few charter boats coming from johnstone bay. Try there or day harbor.

Pony Cove, Cheval and South Fox Island are still going strong. out side the bay from Cape Ressurection eastward to the sound off of every point of land. no need to run all the way to Johnstone. Plenty in Day Harbor and around cape res.

Looks like a banner year for them.

Limited out in short order just outside of Driftwood Bay over the weekend. Nice, fat silvers.

anybody know where I can see a map of these places? Been kayak fishing this year, but I'm more accustomed to looking for mile post numbers along roads for fishing spots. Any idea where a kayak can get into these silvers?
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

What you want is a chart, not a map. Here's a NOAA website where you can get the bookletcharts as free PDF's http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/BookletC...kletCharts.htm The ones to look at are 16682 and 16683.

That said, the areas being discussed are 10-30 miles from the Seward harbor and considering most days you're looking at a 2-4' chop on top of whatever swells are entering the bay from the Gulf, are probably not the best choice for a kayak fishermen. You're probably best off waiting until mid to late August when the fish will be in the head of the bay.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

If they show

Release Lake Trout

F.Y.I. If you guys go outside of the bay eastward keep your eyes open for humpback whales. There all over the place. I saw a lot of them last weekend.

Limited at Agnes and the humpback were breaching all night

Thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    What you want is a chart, not a map. Here's a NOAA website where you can get the bookletcharts as free PDF's http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/BookletC...kletCharts.htm The ones to look at are 16682 and 16683.

That said, the areas being discussed are 10-30 miles from the Seward harbor and considering most days you're looking at a 2-4' chop on top of whatever swells are entering the bay from the Gulf, are probably not the best choice for a kayak fishermen. You're probably best off waiting until mid to late August when the fish will be in the head of the bay.
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Hey soda biscuit. I heard another kayak scored a couple as close as Tonsina cr. should be a few inside of caines head by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
    anybody know where I can see a map of these places? Been kayak fishing this year, but I'm more accustomed to looking for mile post numbers along roads for fishing spots. Any idea where a kayak can get into these silvers?
    Recommend that you check the Alaska forum on the Northwest Kayak Angler website. There aren't too many kayak anglers in AK, but the biggest concentration is there. It's www.northwestkayakanglers.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fished Agnes and Pony yesterday. Lots of small silvers in Pony, and lots of big hogs at Agnes. Deep.

We finally got into them pretty good, for some reason we couldnt get them trolling. Anyone going to the derby? I'm thinking about it but could only imagine what a zoo its gonna be.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

We got into some absolute hogs yesterday, 4 fish over 15 lbs. What a blast!!! Also saw 6-7 humpbacks bubble feeding....first time we've ever seen that, and it was waaaaaaay impressive!

We got into a large fish average as well over the weekend...no fish under 10#s and many at 14+. We got a big King as well. The fish are feeding big time at Fault Pt. east of Cape Resurrection.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

The crew with some nice fish
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    The crew with some nice fish
    Wheres those 14lbers?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Finally got out last Friday.. Caught many over 14lbs at caines head trolling baitholders and flasher gear around 30-50ft.. Lost one nice king.

Derby will be a blast! Heading down for a week Thursday.. Good luck to all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast