Here is a photo of my target from last weeks testing of my .375 W.
I'll explain what is going on.
The first dot on the upper left is a target for my fireforming loads. I shot two (2) rounds to settle the scope and foul the barrel. I then went down to the smaller circle and fired three rounds. You can see they are climbing. I had this weird optical thing going on with the outside edges of the circle and the center of the crosshairs. And I was adjusting the padding on the rear of the rifle so my collarbone wouldn't get slammed like the last time I went out.
The top circle is seven (7) inches across. This allows me plenty of white paper to quarter with the crosshairs. I was tickled by shots No. 1 and No.2. On the last shot (No. 3), I twitched jst as I pulled the trigger. I was miffed to say the least. BUT, I knew I had made two good shots, so if I did it once, I could do it again. I had only the two rounds left though. So I made an adjustment to the Meopta Artemis 2000 2-8x42 scope; one click up.
I fired a fireforming round at the upper left dot; No. 3.
I then fired the two shots at the lower circle. Bingo. I also found the scope likes to move over slightly when I put in one click. I'll have to test that as soon as I get another box of the Barnes 300gr. TSX FB's.
The rifle built for me by Jim Brockman, and you can see the strain gage for pressure testing on the barrel under the scope.