Thread: Atv Rider Crashes

Default Atv Rider Crashes

A 60 year old atv rider crashed and died on the Farmers Loop bike trail. He was on a King Quad and traveling at high speed and lost control. I guess he forgot his helmet. Maybe we can all learn from his missfortune. First do not ride too fast for trail conditions, (He was on a paved bike trail). Second be prepaired for a crash, wear protective gear, helmet, gloves, sturdy boots ect. Next time you go out for a quick ride remember safety first.

Ya, that's a sad deal. That bike path is full of frost heaves, just like a rollercoaster. Speed and frost heaves equals disaster.

I've seen kids tearing up and down that trail riding double and have always thought it would just be a matter of time. I'm surprised it was an adult.

My condolences to his family and friends.

That "60 yr old man" was a good friends father. I know he visit's this site time to time. please keep this post clean.

Sorry for your loss Jess,

Jake

That's too bad. I guess it is just like not wearing a seatbelt because "I am only going down the road." Personally I even wear my helmet when hunting. Sorry for the loss though.

Not trying to cloud up anybody's day, but a bike path?
    Thought that was not legal? Am I wrong? Was it paved?
    Sorry for the loss!

That really is too bad. I have a friend who was seriously injured while wearing his helmet though. Speed isn't always your friend. Luckily, my buddy just injured some vertebrae and didn't lose his life. "Stuff" happens though, it sure sucks that we lose good people doing things we enjoy.

The helmet only helps with head injuries, which is often the case on crashes or going over the handlebars. Sometimes the neck (or the spine) breaks regardless of helmet or not. It's a good idea to wear a helmet when riding fast, since a moose or something can walk across the trail in the last second.

I don't wear a helmet while hunting, but in such an instance I ride slow since I am looking around.