Thread: which motor for an aire traveler 2.3 honda 2.5 suzuki

Default which motor for an aire traveler 2.3 honda 2.5 suzuki

the honda is air cooled and i plan to run a veryshallow stream the suzuki is water cooled but quiter anyone that has experience with either please post

I have a Merc 3.5 made by the same folks a the Suzuki. Good motor but I had a top speed of about 3mph on a 9' Zodiac The 3.5 gives me about 5mph on my 14' lund and 10mph on my 15' canoe. I think little motors prefer hard bottoms.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Default 2.5 suzuki

have a 2.5 Suzuki on a 17 ft aluminum osagian canoe double ender, great quiet little motor, no real handling issues, take turns slow and you are fine.
    no vibration issues.
    i sit in front of the stern seat on the floor, handles great.
    , love that motor!!!

if you plan to run real shallow stream bring lots of sheer pins I think both of the eng have them each one has a little differance in what it will do
    you want to have a forward & NETURAL. if onr has a REV it would be my choice over the other, SID

I have the honda for my inflatable and it is noisy. I have the small 2.5 Yamaha and like it better it is much quieter. Go with the watercooled suzuki.

Sobie2