Thread: Sheep Creek

Default Sheep Creek

My wife and I are going camping next weekend (kidless lol) and we are trying to decide where to go. I hear silvers are starting to trickle in up at Montana creek so I was just wondering if any one on here has had any success of seeing or catching any silvers at Sheep Creek?

over 200 views not a single comment lol. Well I talked to a friend the other day and they went up to sheep last weekend. She said there were a lot of Chum and Pinks but not many were biting (Fishing in the heat of the day) real well. She said some one on the bank had said that earlier that day some one had caught a silver but she hadn't seen it with her own eyes so cant say for sure if it is true or not.

The wife and I are going to run up Saturday and give it a shot and see if we cant hook into some fish and perhaps be lucky enough to maybe land a silver.

Better hit it early (and I do mean early) using roe will help weed out the pinks and chums.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Ya the plan was to get there around Noon, and fish. Figured let my wife get into some Pinks and chum some. Then get up early like say 4 or 5am and take some roe down with me. I may get some hearing and try for Burbot late that night and then just switch over to roe around 3 or 4 lol.

Water was high, and very murky! Less than a foot visibility. We fished last night only caught one pink. Got out there this morning at 5am with a bucket of roe and my wife and I both limited out and were heading home by 7. I will say this, they were some of lightest hits I have ever fealt fishing for silvers. So light they felt like little trout nibbles nibbling on it for up to 30 seconds before finally committing and bending my rode over (Gently!) like a little trout. If it is any indication of what to expect I think we may have a decent run of silvers this year

Hi guys Im from New Zealand and fished sheep last year and had a ball there.
    If anyone see's Tony and Jill Cooper that lives in the A frame at the start of the park say hi from the Kiwi's Gary and Pau,l Thanks.

We're you using a bobber or soaking it at the bottom?

Off the bottom.