Thread: Ruger 375

Question Ruger 375

They have just started advertising Ruger 375 in Australia. What is it, how does it compare with the 375 Holland and Holland. And what other Ruger and Alaskan rifles like.
    Cheers Karl

Default Ruger 375

Karl,

They made some improvements to the Mod 77 trigger and finish, possibily some other things. It has a little advantage over the H & H in a standard length case. The Ruger web site has more on them. There are some listed on Gunbroker.com. I am sure some of the other Guy's will have more info.

Larry

The case demensions are very similar to the 30 Newton which was produced from the 8x68 Schuler case. Very close to 90 grs water capacity. And one socially redeeming factor, no belt.

From what I have read about the Ruger is built on whats called the Hawkeye package and the 375 Ruger produces about 5% more velocity. Also it is in a more svelte like platform and weighs 7 pounds 14 oz.

If you can get American publications, there is a writeup about the rifle in the May-June edition of Handloader Magizine. Also there is a feature article in The American Rifleman, June issue.

Any more questions let me know. I'll relay the info from the magazines.

Best wishes, Bill

Here's a link to my original post about it I have more info coming soon and an up close evaluation of the Alaskan version in stainless steel. Also up coming load data for both and a comparison of the 20" and 23" barrel ballistics.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ead.php?t=8938
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Why settle for hearsay when you can read about it first hand.

Here's a link to my original post about it I have more info coming soon and an up close evaluation of the Alaskan version in stainless steel. Also up coming load data for both and a comparison of the 20" and 23" barrel ballistics.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ead.php?t=8938
    Gee I wasn't aware of the fact that American Rifleman and Handloader were "hearsay" publications. Thank you for the enlightenment.

I will cancel my Life Membership in the NRA and my subscription to Handloader immediately.

Any other publications that I should not read?

Thanx, Bill