Thread: Mounting a Scotty Downrigger on HB ?

Default Mounting a Scotty Downrigger on HB ?

Was looking to mount a Scotty 1080 downrigger to my HB. AnyBody have any ideas or helpful Pics..Thansks

I looked at the situration as either modify some part of the canoe rails or thwarts. But I elected to use a 2x6 that I fitted to sit on top of the twharts. Bolt in place with out drilling into any of the canoe components. Then mount the downrigger bracket on the 2x, I used this set up this weekend, and it worked great. There are a few photos post earlier in my thread. If interested I can assist further....I would be intersted in what you come up with as well.

Yes I did see your set up. I am tring to come up with a set up closer to my seat . Might have to glass in a 2x2 x10" inch piece of hardwood above the spray rail bolts as an anchor point for a support brace...more R&D needed !!!

I have a clamp-on bracket for scotties that didn't work for my boat, you are welcome to buy it for half of what I got it for to get it off my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmikk View Post
    I looked at the situration as either modify some part of the canoe rails or thwarts. But I elected to use a 2x6 that I fitted to sit on top of the twharts. Bolt in place with out drilling into any of the canoe components. Then mount the downrigger bracket on the 2x, I used this set up this weekend, and it worked great.
    Buddy of mine did the same thing long ago using the bracket version of the 1073 Laketroller . He used U-bolts to clamp a piece of ply to the thwart.