Thread: Float Hunt Partner Needed!

Default Float Hunt Partner Needed!

Hello all, I figured I would post as my partner on my upcoming Sept Moose float hunt had to cancel. I would prefer someone local as I would like a chance to meet, and I would assume you would want to do the same.

A bit about me. I have been an AK resident since 2001 and have been on several successful float hunts. I am 49 years old, carrying a few extra pounds, but am still in good shape and can do my share and then some. I can carry a hind quarter, but do not want to as partner lifts work much better (and I like my back too much ). I have my own quality equipment, including SOTAR raft, and would expect others to have quality equipment as well. Inferior gear tends to break/go bad at the most inopportune times, and miles from anywhere isn't the time to have it break. I will hunt as hard as needed, do not whine, and will do my share of getting camp set up, cook meals, carry water, etc... I am far from rich, but I save money and am willing to spend it as needed for hunting and good gear. As far as Moose (really any harvested large game) go, I believe that once its down, all hunting stops and we both take care of it. If only one Moose is harvested, we split the meat evenly.

At this point, costs should be under $1K as I have the deposit covered and I can outline expenses in much greater detail if we both decide we would be a fit with each other. Total time would be approx 2 weeks. The river is a class 1/2 and I have floated/hunted it before. I will show pictures/maps once we decide to hunt together.

I realize that this is late in the game and folks most likely have other plans. I have also read the stories about the hard time folks have finding a good reliable hunting partner. Without bragging, I am that reliable partner and am hoping to find the same.

Please PM me if you might be interested and we can discuss further.

V/R
    Moose44

Personal message sent

PM sent. Still looking?

Thanks for the replies. I now have a partner.

V/R
    Moose44

Glad to hear it. Your pitch is so good it made me rethink my plans! ;-)

Good luck with the new partner.

How did the hunt go? I'm planning for next year and it will be my first float hunt. I have a partner and wouldn't mind going as a group of 2 in each raft. Does this interest you?