Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Montana Creek

  1. #1

    Default Montana Creek

    Fished this morning and leaving now.. Fish at the mouth.

  2. #2
    Member ysr_racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Happily in So Cal.
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Silvers, chums, pinks?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
    Silvers, chums, pinks?
    Caught one silver the rest pinks and chums.. Was there right at first light and they weren't real active on lures.. Flourecent Green seemed to work best in size 3-4's. 5's seem a bit to big for their taste. We threw every color in the box to and green was it..picky little buggers this morning for sure..

  4. #4

    Default

    Have any pics?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyeseas View Post
    Have any pics?
    Don't really take pic's, haven't for a number of years but if you head up there you can get some of your own.. we where the only ones at the mouth.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dvarmit View Post
    Don't really take pic's, haven't for a number of years but if you head up there you can get some of your own.. we where the only ones at the mouth.
    One more comment, the silvers aren't there in numbers.. There are a couple of confused ones in there but I thought I would mention that in case you weren't familiar with the runs in the valley and wanted to hit silvers up.. Another couple of weeks and hopefully they will be here in numbers.. It would be nice to have a good run considering the last couple of years..

  7. #7

    Default

    I'd love to head there myself....but, we're near Houston....the one +4200mi away....ugh.

    Spent a few days at the head of Montana last year and would go back in a heart beat if I/we could.

    I hope you catch a bunch.

  8. #8

    Default

    fished near there today and Friday different creek and brought home a silver Friday and one today caught 2 today but one missed the bite a little bit. caught a monster chum and tons of pinks and seemed to be that there was always someone hooked up. my buddies had few silvers as well but other than that only seen one other caught for certain. I did "hear of" its a silver a good 50 times and were all shiny pinks but it makes fishing more fun like fishing with a huge group of comedians!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
    fished near there today and Friday different creek and brought home a silver Friday and one today caught 2 today but one missed the bite a little bit. caught a monster chum and tons of pinks and seemed to be that there was always someone hooked up. my buddies had few silvers as well but other than that only seen one other caught for certain. I did "hear of" its a silver a good 50 times and were all shiny pinks but it makes fishing more fun like fishing with a huge group of comedians!
    We were the only two on the river Saturday morning which surprised me. We were there right at first light around 4:30-4:45ish.. I enjoy the sign at the camp ground up on the road.. They put the "Silvers are in" sign out the moment the pinks and chums hit the mouth which is several weeks early for silvers.. Good for business I guess..

    We usually take a couple big chums for our Malamute every season. It's pretty funny to watch the re-action on most folks faces when we cut them up and throw them in a bag.. I should look at them some time and tell them what nice silvers they are.. lmao!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Has anyone seen or had any early run silvers yet ?

  11. #11

    Default

    Seriously? Read the posts...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Lol

    Seriously though, any pinks or chums showin up in Montana creek yet?

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KMac View Post
    Lol

    Seriously though, any pinks or chums showin up in Montana creek yet?
    Nope.. was up Saturday morning and not a fish in the river.. Don't have a clue where they are at..

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Im plannin on dipnetting this weekend

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Matsu Valley
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dvarmit View Post
    Nope.. was up Saturday morning and not a fish in the river.. Don't have a clue where they are at..
    Did you check in the woods? I hear them Pinks like to deck out in Camo and hide among the alders....just saying lol.

  16. #16
    Sponsor Duckhunter01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, Trapper Creek, Seward
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Full of pinks and chums... Huge cloud of pinks staging mouth... Caught them all day yesterday.. Great fun for kids
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

  17. #17
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllAlaskan View Post
    Did you check in the woods? I hear them Pinks like to deck out in Camo and hide among the alders....just saying lol.

    No No No every one knows they sit on top of the bridge and laugh at all the people fishing who are missing fish.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •