Thread: I can't believe my luck!

Default I can't believe my luck!

I just can't believe my luck I have been down and out all year thinking I am really unlucky at drawing these primo tags 6 states 0 tags with multiple animals this year

Well it all changed this evening when my wife was checking emails and asked do you know this chicks name. I said nope never heard of it why. She then said well it says something about DM 829 and at that point I almost fell off the couch after having my Mexican dinner a few minutes previous..... At that point I knew exactly what that chick had in store for me or at least I hoped so anyway

Well after basically yanking the laptop out of my wifes arms I read Congrats you are next on our reserve list for a DM 829 tag blah blah blah please respond by so and so. Well I first called one of my best buddies who had this tag last year and smoked a 60 incher in no time flat,I called him for one simple reason to get Charlie Green's digits. This was my biggest hurdle as Charlie books up really really fast on most years. I call Charlie and he has 2 spots I tell him the check is in the mail. So it looks like my MT general deer tag is getting returned and I am heading to the Koyukuk in late sept. to one if not the best moose unit's in the U.S. in my opinion. Now to hurdle the next fence finding a hunting partner in short order.....

I will not get much sleep tonight thinking of those 60-70 inchers running around up there.....

good for you! best of luck down there. bring a stout pack frame and some raingear!

Please keep us posted on the hunt!! congrats!!

I def will keep everyone posted making travel arrangements now and getting gear in order to ship up. I will take pleanty of pics and do a write up when I get back. I plan on hunting the whole season 10 days in there if need be to take a good one. My buddy had this tag last year and got a great 60" moose on day 3.

Best of luck babyblue7 I AM envious! All my tag aps ended up being donations to the cause this year....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Best of luck to you.
    Charlie's a good man. He took my wife and I up the Koyukuk 10 years ago for a camping trip. We sure enjoyed his and the boys company. Glad to hear he is still in business.

Yeah Kelvin my buddy went with Charlie last year and he says the same thing. When I talked to him Friday I learned they had a big flood up in Galena from the Yukon ice getting locked up seems 90% of the town got flooded last month so have those people up there in your thoughts. When I talked to him he was busy as a beaver doing some work it seemed.