Thread: How do you..

Default How do you..

How do you get your name on your pictures? I see alot of you that post those awesome pictures, have your name in the lower right corner of them. How do you do that? Is that a feature of CS2 or equivilent program? Or do you have to have a special watermark program to do it?
    Women never look so well as when one comes in wet and dirty from hunting

I use the CS2 program to input my info. Within that program I also use a "covert" watermark by Digimarc. This CS2 program has a steep learning curve but I am getting a little more comfortable with it. EricL

You can also do the same with PhotoShop Elements, which does not cost very much. I bought mine at School for around $65.00. Just use the text tool to write on the photo, or buy a Digimark watermark to use within Elements.

However, photos saved for posting on the Internet are quite small, most under 100K in size. It means that if someone steals it, it's not the best image quality for that person to do much with. For that reason, writing your name on the photo is sufficient. If the photo was of high quality, or an original, then I would worry about it.

most photo editing programs have a text tool, in CS2 (or CS or probably elements) you can then make that layer more opace by turning down the layer opacity. It makes for a nice watermark..
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.