Thread: Kenai Chum

Default Kenai Chum

The sockeye slaying is a lot of fun along with rainbows and dollies but I am wanting to mix it up a little bit. I am yet to catch a chum on the kenai peninsula and want to do it this year. I am off and will be fishing from now until the end of the month. I hear of bird creek and glacier creek occasionally but are there any other local streams that have chums on the peninsula? Feel free to PM me if you would like. Enjoy the sockeyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Brown drake View Post
    The sockeye slaying is a lot of fun along with rainbows and dollies but I am wanting to mix it up a little bit. I am yet to catch a chum on the kenai peninsula and want to do it this year. I am off and will be fishing from now until the end of the month. I hear of bird creek and glacier creek occasionally but are there any other local streams that have chums on the peninsula? Feel free to PM me if you would like. Enjoy the sockeyes!
    I've caught plenty in Bird Creek, I've seen some in Hope as well. Not sure about Glacier Creek, never fished it. Your best bet for these is to head up the parks, they are always stacked in there towards the end of this month and into August, however that isn't on the peninsula. Fun fishing either way.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Humpy creek has a lot of chum salmon. You can access it by water taxi across and back into the kachemak bay out of homer. It's a lot of fun but you need to be prepared to run into black bear. Last time we went two bears crossed the creek 50 ft below us and we ran into a third stepping off a little 2x6 bridge on to the trail. It's worth a trip though.

I've only ever witnessed two chum caught on anchor river in the 10 years I've fished it so that ones out for chum fishing.

Good luck!