Thread: Upcoming Sheep Hunts

Default Upcoming Sheep Hunts

Not saying that all these other topics aren't incredibly riveting, but I CANNOT WAIT FOR SHEEP HUNT STORIES TO START HITTING THIS PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to all the addicts and take lots of pics!!!!!!!

Heading out for a scouting mission on the 26th and 27th. I don't plan to hunt until the 18th of August though, so I look forward to the opening week stories too!

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Sheep hunting is lame. Deer hunting opens august 1st, those are the reports I am excited to read.

Jerod, what did you end up doing for access in dcua?
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Gonna hoof it. We are going in on wheelers for the weekend and figuring out our base camp point, then do some walking around to get familiar with the terrain and hopefully find a nice pocket of rams that will survive the opening week. Got my neighbor going in with me for the week and we'll pick him up a bou tag and we plan to knock down a bear or two if we see them. We aren't worried about the pack out, got that all figured out.

i don't really find sheep hunting stories too exciting, i'd rather hear good bear hunting stories. not that sheep hunting isn't fun but most stories seem similiar. what i do find funny is as soon as the sheep stories come out so do all the nay-sayers that start up "doesn't look full curl to me, bla, bla blah". anyways good luck out there sheep hunters.

Any hunting story is a great read. Trip of a lifetime good or bad, success or failed. I wish EVERY ONE luck and a safe hunt With whatever your after. TMA in 49days.

Quote Originally Posted by cjustinm View Post
    what i do find funny is as soon as the sheep stories come out so do all the nay-sayers that start up "doesn't look full curl to me, bla, bla blah".
    LMFAO!!!!!!! Right up there with "Is this handgun good for bear defense?" Love it all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pa 5-0 View Post
    LMFAO!!!!!!! Right up there with "Is this handgun good for bear defense?" Love it all!!!

that's also a great one. you want a handgun for bear defense? take your .300 win mag and saw the stock off, that might work...or just throw your seven pound pistol at it. you'd probably have better luck.