Thread: kalambach lake wasilla

Default kalambach lake wasilla

has anyone caught anything decent out of this lake? is it worth trying, ive read a few things about this lake and it seemed good but just confirming it.

Haven't fished it in a few years, but it has produced some decent rainbows (and lots of landlocked salmon) in the past. It gets more fishing pressure in winter from ice fisherman as the public access is a bit of a hike. Not so bad if you have a float tube but it's further than most people want to carry a canoe and there's so many other lakes w/easier access.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Ask aknook about this one, he used to fish it extensively when he lived out that way. I remember him saying hit the other end of the lake, there is some kind of drop off over by the bank on the opposite side of the public access point.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

I Have fished this lake a bunch of times but only during winter. I have caught some pretty decent bows there. As Bigcox said, I have done well on the other end of the lake opposite side of the access. It's worth exploring for sure.

I fish it a couple times a winter and catch some ok bows. There are a couple other lakes I prefer but I live close so it's an easy target. Bring a tube the access is really shallow and weedy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2