Thread: Montana Creek

Default Montana Creek

Any one been down there the last few days after Chums??? I would like to go catch some on the flyrod!

I was up there two days ago. Few chums and some pinks. Mostly up in the main channel. We also saw a sow grizzly with a cub.

Montana is full of pinks and chums.. We pulled them in all day yesterday. Great action for kids.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

How was the water level?

The water level right now is 200 cfs. Pretty low.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Ok I was just wondering how the water level up there is. My wife and I are planning to hit Sheep creek tomorrow afternoon and camp over night and I was trying to get an idea on what the rivers are like up there.

Thanks for the info

Hoping to lay into some pinks and chum and then maybe Sunday morning (early, like 5am) get into a silver or two. Gotta bucket of roe with a silver or twos name on it!

Was there the past two days. As reported full of pinks and chums. I actually had a hard time getting them to bite anything but didn't really put a ton of effort in. Some people were flossing which I tried but after a few snagged pinks decided that wasn't sporty enough for me. soem people were doing well and a bunch of kids snagging (after watching dad do so) were of course snagging a bunch. The water was crazy warm so rather then afternoon fishing we went with a swim in the river instead

Do silvers come into Montana Creek? I have only fished for pinks there a few years ago........

Quote Originally Posted by AKcowgirl81 View Post
    Do silvers come into Montana Creek? I have only fished for pinks there a few years ago........
    Yes, Montana gets a pretty good run of silvers. People have been catching them there for over two weeks.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

I'm hoping to hit that river pretty hard next weekend. I sure am counting on them fishes to still be there. Atleast something left to catch if not worthy enough to bring a couple home. Maybe some silvers or a rainbow or two. I will be fishing out of my boat so I think I will have a pretty good chance. Anybody headin that way from Susitna Landing wana join me? Sure would be fun to get a group goin? Send me a PM if your interested. I got a boatload of females ready to wet a line.. Let me know... Saturday or Sunday... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"