Thread: 350 Yamaha Performance Test

Default 350 Yamaha Performance Test

Here's Yamaha Rep's test results with a couple thousand pounds on board. (Four adults, 150 gallons of fuel, etc.) Glen

Moving a ~30' boat ~30knots at 2 mpg is never a bad thing! I'd be curious to see what the performance would be with twin 175's.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Wooldridge View Post
    Here's Yamaha Rep's test results with a couple thousand pounds on board. (Four adults, 150 gallons of fuel, etc.) Glen

What's interesting is according to your website, the 29 Pilot House with twin 150hp Yamahas and twin 225hp Yamahas actually get better performance and mileage. What's hard to reconcile is how the extra weight in this test figures in to that. Any thoughts Glen?

If it was me I'd take twin 225hp Yamahas as it would probably get the boat on plane with one motor, gets better mileage and better cruise speed. Any idea what the newer Yamaha's would do in this power range?

I love seeing this testing and info as we are seriously wanting to upgrade to a 27 or 29 pilothouse in a year or so. Its amazing to see how much better the Wooldridge boats are at fuel efficiency than others in the same class Keep posting up the great info Glenn
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    What's interesting is according to your website, the 29 Pilot House with twin 150hp Yamahas and twin 225hp Yamahas actually get better performance and mileage. What's hard to reconcile is how the extra weight in this test figures in to that. Any thoughts Glen?

If it was me I'd take twin 225hp Yamahas as it would probably get the boat on plane with one motor, gets better mileage and better cruise speed. Any idea what the newer Yamaha's would do in this power range?
    On all the test we show how much weight is on board. When we first ran this 29 to confirm the prop before the Yamaha rep did the test, the boat was light 2 guys and some gas, it hit 50 MPH. So yes weight does affect the figures. I do like twins and I am looking forward to running a 29 with a pair of the new 200 Yamaha's. Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Wooldridge View Post
    On all the test we show how much weight is on board. When we first ran this 29 to confirm the prop before the Yamaha rep did the test, the boat was light 2 guys and some gas, it hit 50 MPH. So yes weight does affect the figures. I do like twins and I am looking forward to running a 29 with a pair of the new 200 Yamaha's. Glen
    Thanks Glen. As Rob said we really appreciate these. Keep us posted when you do the test with the new Yamaha's.