Thread: Driving to the border...

North Pole, Alaska, United States

Default Driving to the border...

Ok so my brother is moving to AK and I'm driving to meet him. He's leaving Ohio the end of July beginning of August and I was hoping to get some places to stop and try and harvest a black bear. Because I'm not 100% sure when he will hit AK, I'm not sure what other animals I might have a chance at getting in my freezer. I am looking at making this a fun time with plenty to see and if I'm lucky some fishin and some black bear huntin!
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

I just drove that trip last month. I recall seeing lots of black bears on the road side grazing. There is something in the grass-some weed, herb, flower, or something that the bears like. I saw them mostly in the evenings. I saw a lot more on the Canada side though.

Tanana Valley AK

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    ...There is something in the grass-some weed, herb, flower, or something that the bears like...
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It