Thread: Trip to Valdez

Default Trip to Valdez

Making a trip to Valdez early friday morning for a couple days. I plan on trying to get the kids on some pinks and maybe hit Klutina for reds. But is there any good place to hit some dollys, trout or grayling on the way there? I plan on buying the Highway Angler tomorrow, but was hoping for a recommendation. Thanks!
    -Matt

I think its Blueberry lake at the top of the pass on the right side has lots of grayling in it albeit mostly smallish ones. But it has easy access--just a short walk and lots of shoreline for kids to fish. Down closer to Valdez squirrel creek pit (I think its called) by the campground is stocked with rainbows and would be good fishing for kids as well. The squirrel creek confluence offers some grayling and an occasional Dolly but is a smaller area to fish. There are a couple other small spots along the way that will be listed in Highway Angler as well. Good Luck

Thanks for info! But a certain wall of fish has pushed me and the family in a different direction...
    Fish on!

Try stoping around the 74 mile mile mark on the pipeline access road, at the coverts of little tonsina river, theres a few nice dollys in there, use eggs, watch out for the kings. theres a road that goes to the mouth of the river great confluence there for dollys and kings and silvers.